Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall break at Grandma and Grandpa Randall's


For fall break I knew that I wanted to take the kids down to my parents house. We didn't have plans to go anywhere and it is the perfect fall getaway. The kids loved it and had lots of fun playing and enjoying the outdoors!


I took McKay on his first 4 wheeler ride and he LOVED it. He was clapping and was so excited. We went crazy slow, but he loved every minute of it. It was so nice to be able to take him to do something normal! Sometimes I really miss that.
As usual the scenery and wildlife did not disappoint. We missed some of the fall colors but they were still really pretty. The kids had fun searching for as many animals as we could find. They loved it when the deer and the wild turkeys were just outside the back window of the house.
One of our projects while we were down there was to get Carson's pinewood derby car done. There was a man in my parents ward that has lots of wood cutting saws and helped Carson shape his car. After he got it home we got it painted just the way he wanted, we also added some weights. I think it turned out great, it may not win first place but I don't think it is too bad for his first car!

We mad our usual trip into town to get ice cream and hit the fabulous Fairview park. McKay loves the swings and Carson and Brynn love all the fun equipment they have. They had a huge grassy area full of leaves so the kids had fun playing in those too!
We were lucky enough to have my sister down there to join us as well. My kids had lots of fun playing with her two little kids. Brynn was obsessed with her cousin Lucy, she always wanted to hold her and feed her. Luckily she has lots of cousins she can help with!
Making cookies with Grandma, a tradition as well.
We had a great time and a great weekend. The kids loved playing with cousins, going on the four wheelers, playing tennis and just being with Grandma and Grandpa Randall.

No comments: