On the way down we stopped at the Spanish Fork splash park and met our good friends the Cuffs. We lived next to each other in Lehi and have kept in touch since then. Secretly both Lynsey and I have plans of Carson and Ava getting married. They were best of friends and inseparable when we lived by each other. It took them a few minutes to warm back up to each other but by the end they were running around together! It was a fun pit stop and so good to catch up with the Cuff's.
Michelle and her kids also joined us down in Fairview. It was fun to have them down there and sneak in some extra cousin time!
A list of our activities and fun times:
-4 wheeler rides
-Lots and lots of swim time
-a couple of trips to the park (both parks)
-making smores
-riding the zipline
-Grandma's famous pancakes
-deer watching
-eating out on the patio and deck
-popsicles and sherbert
-making cookies with Grandma
-playing tennis
-going golfing with Grandpa
-meeting our friends the Watson's for Shave and Cream Ice cream and catching up with them
As you can see we fit a lot in and there is always a lot of fun. I enjoy taking the week to have everything go at a slower pace and I love being out in the fresh mountain air. I could never live in that small of a town as Fairview, but I love going for trips down there. I hope my kids will have wonderful memories of going down there.
Grandma also wanted to help Brynnley make a pillowcase. She had helped Kate make one a few weeks earlier and knew it would be fun for Brynn to do to. I can remember going out to my Grandma's and making sewing projects with her.
When we went to go get Brynn's fabric at the fabric store the boys found some soccer ball fabric they had to have. So Grandma helped all of them make pillowcases. They had a lot of fun doing it and I think it will be a great way to remember Grandma while she is on her mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment