Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bonnie Jean Hubbard

 We lost a wonderful Mother, Grandma, Great Grandma, Friend and lady a few weeks ago. Kyle's Grandma Hubbard passed away pretty unexpectedly on the 20th of February. She was a wonderful person and will be greatly missed.

 I was very glad that I was able to help in some way, since we are still stuck home bound. I was able to help make a photo collage video that was shown at the viewing. Kyle's sister Heather helped me pick out all of the pictures and I think it turned out really beautiful
 The funeral was a beautiful service and was a wonderful tribute to this wonderful lady. What an amazing life she had and what an influence she had on all of those that were in her life.


 These were the flowers my parents and family sent, my Mom wanted to see a pic of them.
 This was the photo table set up at the viewing.
She was buried up at the Salt Lake cemetery in the Mausoleum. She was a nurse in the Korean war so she had a 21 gun salute with taps as well. The war veterans did a beautiful job. Kyle also had arranged to have dove's released at the graveside. It started out as a joke, but ended up being everyone's favorite part. They released 20 doves from cages and then Kyle's grandpa released a dove from a basket symbolizing his wife Bonnie. It was breathtaking to watch it all. The dove's flew up and then circled around us. The single dove was released and flew up to join the others, it was absolutely beautiful.
We are all very sad to not have Grandma here, she is greatly missed. But we all know she is in a better place and is so happy. We love you Bonnie Jean Hubbard!

3 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What a beautiful ceremony! I need to call you and ask where you got the doves. I am part of a planning committee for a memorial service and we want to release dove's! I'll call you. Sad to see such a great lady pass away. My sympathy to Kyle's family

T Fowler said...

I didn't know her well, but she always had a smile and a kind word for our family when we saw her.

Hannah said...

Great post, Val.
If you have that photo of me wearing a purple shirt and sitting with G-Ma Hubbard, could you please email it to me? Thanks!
-Hannah