We jam pack the month of October. Halloween is one my kids favorite holidays. There are so many fun things to do during the month and they are all outdoors. I love it! So we of course jammed as many fun things in as possible! We started the month with Scary hill at Cherry hill. Carson has begged to go every year. We just did the spooky mini golf. They have it decorated really cute for Halloween and play really fun Halloween music. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it! Afterwards we went to Johnny rockets for dinner, it was a really fun FHE with all of Kyle's family.
It wouldn't be the month of October for us without a trip to Cornbelly's. We were able to go with all of Kyle's family on a Saturday. We left McKay home with a babysitter becasue it was right during his physical therapy and we didn't want to make him any more upset and give him some time to rest. They added a few new things year and the kids loved it all. It has to be one of their favorite places in the world. Plus everything is more fun with cousins!
We went to Boo at the Zoo this year at Hogle Zoo. We had been once before but it literally was a zoo. So crowded and so many people that it really wasn't worth it. But the Ford's have a zoo membership and they opened an hour early for members. So we headed up very early to hit the zoo and get some candy. It was beyond freezing though! I had brought coats for the kids but no hats and gloves. So we spent about half of the time we were there shivering. The kids had fun getting candy, seeing a few animals, running around with cousins, and looking at all the fun costumes. We only stayed for an hour so we could get back to Carson's basketball game.
We have an annual Halloween party at my sisters house each year as well. All the kids dress up in their costumes and we have yummy food. I think all of the kids look so cute together! The two adults that brave dressing up every year too!
We had some homemade chicken noodle soup, cheese and crackers and veggies, and my sister's homemade doughnuts! Yum! We had fun eating, the kids playing, and just visiting. We missed my brother Jarom (now at grad school at Texas A & M) and my parents (on their third mission in Africa)
The Monday before Halloween we had a pumpkin night. I picked up some pumpkin shaped pizza's and we had we had pumpkin shaped rice krispie treats as well for dessert. After dinner we got the pumpkins out and started carving. The kids of course picked crazy hard designs. So we just powered through the three huge pumpkins and hard designs. Carson picked some spooky ghosts, Brynn picked a Hello Kitty witch, and we picked Bubble Puppy from Bubble Guppies for McKay. His was the hardest, but I just had to do it. We had a lot of fun carving pumpkins.
We also hit Spooky Saturday a the Dino museum and Barnyard boo at the farm at Thanksgiving point. I think we fit enough in and the kids got their fill of fall fun. It was a great month and I am so glad we were able to do so many fun things. Happy fall!
Here are some video's from Cornbelly's, I mainly put them on becasue of the video of Brynn. It literally makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it. I LOVE her!





1 comment:
The Ford Family just knows how to have fun. What can I say? They love life and it shows in every one of them!
Post a Comment