Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentines day 2013

 I don't know why but I LOVE Valentines day! I love the hearts, I love the pink, and I love just having another reason to celebrate love! The kids woke up to Valentines cards and a few clues to find their Valentines. I did this last year just for fun and Brynn reminded me multiple times that is how Valentines went. So I think we have made it a tradition to have a scavenger hunt.
I also made heart shaped pink pancakes, they were not a hit. Carson as he is pouting says "I hate Valentines day, it's the worst ever." All because he didn't want to eat pink pancakes that he thought were strawberry flavored.
I also picked up a few extra things for his lunch to make it a little "lovey" too.
I saw the idea on Pinterest to make little girls hair into hearts. I pinned it hoping Brynn would be in a nice "I will sit while you do my hair" kind of mood and she was. I think the hearts turned out pretty cute. She LOVED it! I went to say hi to her at the school while I was there for Carson's party and her teacher came up and told me how amazing her hair was and that she had taken her all around the school to show people.
Kyle and I said we weren't doing gifts, but I got him just a little something because I wanted to tell him how much I loved him and he has been working SO  hard lately. He also surprised me by bringing home flowers (and balloons for Brynn) and my most favorite gift ever...

 All of the stuff for Creme Brulee! Yum! It is my favorite dessert ever and I have always wanted to buy the cute ramekins and a torch. But I always thought it was really hard to make, and wondered if I would ever really use it. Just a fyi, it is super easy to make and we have already used everything once and are making it again this weekend.
I also was able to go help at Carson's class Valentines party. I signed up to help twice in each of the kids classes, but by the time we got to Carson's class to sign up there wasn't much left. So this is the first time I have been to Carson's class to help. We did minute to win it Valentines games. My game was stacking conversation hearts and to see who could stack the most in a minute. We had a lot of fun and the kids loved it. I loved being in Carson's class and meeting all of his friends. The middle picture is him with his Valentines box. I of course just bought some Valentines stickers and we were just going to put those on a covered box, but Carson had other ideas. He saw this box on my pinterest and had to have it. It's a creeper from Minecraft one of his favorite games.

No comments: