I can't believe McKay is three. It may not sound that old, but for McKay it sound really old. (I'll go into more detail in the next post as to why). I am so happy he is three and has made it to three. When we took him to his three year well check his pediatrician admitted he wasn't sure if he would truly get to this point when we first started bringing him into the pediatrician after the NICU.
We started off the day with our usual growth chart picture. I was pretty excited that McKay could stand in front of it this year. What an accomplishment that is too! But he of course did not want to stand in front of it.
Poor kid did have the stomach flu on his birthday. The worst of it was the day before his birthday, but he still wasn't feeling great that day. Lots of clothing changes, we'll just say that much.
We had pizza for dinner, usually his favorite. But he wasn't feeling great and didn't really want to eat anything. Afterwards he (I should say Kyle and the kids) opened his presents. He got a new bubble guppies microphone. Which he was mildly interested in for a few minutes. (He has NO interest in toys). He got a few books, some Bubble Guppies bath squirters, and his big present was a water table he can play with outside in the summer. He also got a bunch of clothes from the Grandparents on both sides. A big thank you to the Fowler's for helping McKay by making him a school desk/table he can use at home for his home school/therapy.
We had cookie cupcakes since McKay's favorite thing is cookies. He pulled a few of the cookies off, but didn't have much interest in the actual cupcake.
It was a pretty low key day for McKay. Someday we may have a bigger party, but truthfully he would probably hate that. But he was surrounded by family and lots of love on his birthday and I think that is all that matters to him! Happy Birthday to the Wayster's McKayster's!



No comments:
Post a Comment