Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving (back...)!

(One of the things I was in charge of were the place cards, I have always loved making place cards ever since I was young. I found this cute idea on Pinterest and I think they turned out super cute. All of the adults had a gourd and the kids had a small bag of Thanksgiving candy.)
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving down in Fairview with all (but my brother) of my family. Kyle played his usual turkey bowl in the morning with some buddies from work. He was so proud of himself that he was able to hang in there with the Ex NFL players they played against. I was just happy he didn't injure himself (He has not had great luck with the turkey bowl!)
The kids and I stayed home and watched the parade and got the food ready that we were taking down. We all LOVE watching the parade!
The kids had a lot of fun being with their cousins and running around and playing with everything they could find in Grandma and Grandpa's house. McKay was happiest when he was being left alone on the couch with some snacks and his I pad. I am glad he is finally starting to get a little more comfortable at my parents house.
The food was delicious, the company and conversation were wonderful and it was a great day.
We of course had a few little hiccups... my dad stepped on the apple pie that we had set outside to stay cool and my mom started a towel that was too close to the stove on fire!
 The afternoon ended with a gourd throwing contest off of my parents balcony that goes into the gorge behind their house. All of the boys loved it and were competing to see who could get it the farthest. I think it might become a new tradition!
It was such a great day and I loved being with my family and just having good bonding family time.

No comments: