Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nutcracker with Brynnley

 So I of course had wonderful visoions of watching my little girl dance in the Nutcrackers some day. I couldn't wait until she was so excited to perform up on stage. But Brynnley had a different idea and a different plan that I did. I put her in ballet this fall after doing some research and finding a great studio. She was so excited to buy the tights and leotard and the ballet bag. She couldn't wait to put them all on and twirl around in her new ballet shoes. Well after just a couple of weeks of class she began telling me she didn't want to go to class. I tried pushing it for a few more weeks and then it became a battle. She also told me she had no desire to try out for the Nutcracker (the auditions were coming up). So we pulled her out of ballet and added another gymnastics class and she couldn't have been happier. So I believe my dreams of watching my daughter be an amazing balerina are gone. But I really am fine with it, I want her to do what makes her as happy as ballet did for me. But I am so grateful that she still loves going and watching the ballet with me!

 She told me she really wanted to go to the Nutcracker that her "friends" were performing in. (She of course made friends in her ballet class after only being there for a few weeks). So we went to a differnt Nutcracker than we usually do.
It was beautiful but a little differnt and I really missed some of the things that were in our usual Nutcraker performance.
We were also lucky enough to go with Aunt Michelle, Aunt Tresa, Kate and Grandma Randall. It was a really fun girls day out and put all of us in the holiday mood!

No comments: