Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

We had an amazing 4th of July weekend. (Sadly Kyle was not able to join us for most of it, he got a horrible outer ear -swimmers ear-infection, he even had to go to the emergency room because he was in so much pain. So he missed some of the festivities and had to work on Saturday.) The 4th of July is my second favorite holiday (I'm sorry I LOVE Christmas with a passion). I love all of the fun summer activities that are involved with the 4th! We spent the 3rd of July with my family the Randall's. It was so much fun! We woke up super early and went down to the balloon festival in Provo. Sadly we were a little late and missed them inflating. But we got there in time to all see them take off. Carson was so excited, his favorite was the Smoky the bear balloon. I couldn't wait for Brynnley to see all the balloons because I knew she would love it. I was right, the second she saw them all she just kept pointing and saying "Look, look, look, ma ma, look!"
Me and the kids at the balloon festival
Carson showing me that he found the smoky the bear balloon!

Carson talking to my mom and dad (Tennis Grandma and Grandpa). They called us from Africa! It was so awesome and we all got to say hi to them. We missed them greatly, I know how much they love the 4th and spending time with the family.

After the balloons we headed to Utah Lake. We borrowed my brother-in-laws father's boat and took it out on the lake. We had a really good time. Carson was a little nervous when he first got on, neither of my kids have been on a boat. He was really concerned it was going to go under the water. He kept asking me "Are we going to go under?". Once he realized we were not going under he loved it. He loved when we went super fast. It took me a while but I talked him into going on the tube. Brynnley had fallen asleep on me so he went with my brother. When he first got on, he screamed bloody murder. But being the mean mom I told them to send him out. As soon as he got out there he loved it! He kept wanting to go out again and again.
Brynnley liked the boat, it was a little too confined for her busy body. But she did enjoy when we went fast and when we were moving. Poor girl was so tired she fell right asleep on me! When she woke up I took her out on the tube. She loved it! I told her to wave and she stuck her little hand up and waved to everyone. I thought it was so adorable. We had so much fun and thanks to the Fowlers (Young and old) for letting us take along on the boat trip!
We came home and all had much needed naps. Then we headed over to the Fowlers for a yummy dutch oven dinner. We just visited and the kids played. My sister has a zip line in her back yard and Carson loves it, it is really hard to get him off of it. After dinner we went out and did a few fireworks. The kids had a lot of fun with all the fireworks.

Kyle had to work the morning of the 4th, so we mostly stuck around home. Kyle's parents came and took Carson to the Provo parade with them. He loved it, and loved spending time with his grandparents. Brynnley and I stayed home, Brynnley took a fabulous nap and I cleaned, very exciting I know!

That evening we went over to the Fords for a 4th of July BBQ. There were lots of family and friends there and super delicious food! Carson had fun playing with his friends and just being at grandma and grandpas house.
Sadie and Brynnley. Don't they look adorable and so festive!
After dinner we actually all came over to our house (plus a few more). We had dessert, popcorn (my friend let us use their movie popcorn machine, so cool and so tasty!) and fabulous fireworks! Everyone loved it. The kids all loved eating Popsicles and watching the fireworks. Carson has been asking for weeks when we got to do fireworks. He was so excited for the big firework show! His favorite one was the lady bugs (slightly illegal, but super cool!)Brynnley after sharing some of my ice cream sandwich. She was pretty content to just sit with whoever had the best thing to eat!Carson with his "green" sparkler!Kyle our firework pro, he loves putting on a good show! (Sorry I didn't mean that to rhyme)The kids enjoying popcorn and Popsicles, I couldn't one where all of them were looking of course!

After our own firework show we headed over to Thanksgiving point. Sadly though the mosquito's were horrible, they started 15 minutes late and my kids were exhausted. So after waiting for them, we only ended up staying for about 10 minutes. I was a little sad but could tell the kids were done. We came home and got kids and bed and I watch the rest from my bedroom window. (I am kind of nerd like that, I love fireworks!)

6 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

It was a really fun day. We were sad that Kyle was not able to make it, hopefully next year.

Gayle J. Randall said...

So much fun in one festive post! Thank you so much for helping us to feel a part of it. I loved the picture of Carson talking to us on the phone. Good job, "mean mom" for knowing that Carson would have a great time in the tube! We all have been "mean" at one time or another. Thanks to Uncle Jarom for taking him. What a fun couple of days! Happy Birthday, America! Love to all of you!

T Fowler said...

It was a fun day, but an exhausting weekend! It's so fun to keep up these family traditions.

Lyns said...

You guys definitely did a lot of partying for the weekend! The balloon festival looked like a blast! Sorry we missed out on the party!

Angela said...

What a fun weekend! Sounds like you all had a great time. I love the pictures on the boat, my favorite memories from when I was a kid were on my uncle's boat!

Halvos said...

Lol--I love that you just sent him out on the tube! Sometimes you just gotta make them have those kind of experiences--and look--he LOVED it! How FUN!! I miss going to the lake! what a fun day!