Monday, August 23, 2010

Picking blackberries

Kyle's sister lives up in Kaysville and last year she found these fabulous trails. The beginning of the trails are covered in fresh blackberries free for anyone to pick! We went a little late last year so we wanted to go earlier and be sure we got some good berries. We headed up there with Grandma and we all had our bags and Tupperware to pick blackberries. Carson decided he was on Grandma's team and would only put blackberries in Grandma's Tupperware. I think he was the best at finding them too! Carson ate a fair amount as well, Brynnley wasn't a huge fan. It was a lot of fun to pick them and I couldn't wait to go home and freeze them or make jam.


Afterwards we took the wagon, stroller and Carson's bike down the trail. It is a beautiful trail and if fully covered by trees so it is not very hot. It actually winds around part of Lagoon as well. Plus there are even some animals you can feed, I had no idea there were animals at Lagoon.The kids loved being with Sadie and Grandma and had so much fun. It was beautiful and I really want to go back in the fall. It was a lot of fun and very tasty!

5 comments:

Lyns said...

My kids would LOVE that! I can't believe how long Brynnley's hair is getting! She looks so old!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Yum, Yum, I want some! What a fun day! What a great activity!

T Fowler said...

How fun! We planted blackberry bushes in our garden this year, but I'm not expecting to get any until next year. It would be so fun to pick them 'in the wild'.

Haven't you ever ridden the train at Lagoon where you go around and see the animals? We really need to have a family Lagoon day next summer.

Lisa Riddle said...

Yum, I love blackberries. Looks so fun.

Cami said...

That looks like tons of fun. Melissa johnson has rasberries we can pick, but the scenery wouldn't be as pleasant and fun.