Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This week in appoitments

It's a busy month for McKay and the appointments. We have 8 total in the month of August! Some of them are pretty minor, but it is still a lot.
This last week we had a follow up with his Cardiologist. After a super stressful Echo we were happy to get the news that his ASD (Heart defect) had closed! His pressures from his heart to his lung were good as well. So we said goodbye to the Cardiologist! No more visits to her. It was so nice and such a relief to have one less thing on the very long list to not worry about!
The Early intervention program we are using (Kids on the Move) has been a big help. They added an Occupational Therapist, and a second monthly visit from the Physical Therapist. The Occupational Therapist helps with a lot of sensory things. The big thing he will be helping with is feeding and starting solids. They anticipate McKay might have a little problem with solids because he had such a hard time with feeding in the beginning. Also being "tongue tied" could cause some problems. We are hopeful though that he will catch onto it all quickly. The Physical Therapist is great and has been a huge help. We have seen a lot of improvement in all the areas she is working on.
McKay also had his 6 month check up this last week. I was very anxious to talk to our doctor. We had a Neonatal follow clinic appointment last month and it didn't go quite as we were hoping. I went in not really expecting much new and came out with a very large list of new things they were pretty concerned about. So I was pretty anxious to talk to our doctor about all of those. He validated some of the concerns but also brushed off a few as well. It was nice to have someone to talk to in detail about. We are going to be seeing an orthopedic surgeon at the end of this month. They are a few things that they are concerned about that we need to see him for.
McKay's stat's
Weight: 15.32 lbs. 10th percentile (Little guy)
Length: 25.5 lbs. 14th percentile
Head: Trust me.... you don't want to know

He still has some more appointments with Kids on the move, an MRI this month and a pretty big appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. It's a pretty big month for us! But luckily McKay is a trooper and has been putting up with it all very well.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He's adorable Val! What a joy! I love this picture. It's like "All these appointments make me tired!" He's in my prayers often! What a sweet little boy you have!!

T Fowler said...

Poor little guy - he looks exhausted! Mom's probably exhausted too. Good luck and let me know if I can help with Carson and Brynnley.

Lyns said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe all of the appointments you guys go to! I wish we lived right next door and you could just drop the kids off to me. He is the most adorable little thing. I've only held him once and he has SUCH a sweet spirit! Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Cami said...

Wow 8 appts? Thats a lot. He is so cute and sweet, you would have no idea that he has anything going on. GReat news about the Cardiologist.

Michelle Kelly said...

So glad about the good news, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Gayle J. Randall said...

One day at a time and things seem to be looking up! We love him so much! We're happy to help with anything! I'll be there on the 27th to help.