I consider myself a grateful person, but until 2 years ago I don't think i realized how grateful one person could be for so many people. It is no a secret that I have to ask for a lot of help, I mean a lot of help. From friends and family. It is hard for me to ask for help, I would much rather be the one offering to help. I would so rather volunteer to help with someone else kids, or take a meal than to have to ask anyone for it. But my Mom said it best to me once "Now is your time to ask for help, there will be a time when you won't have to ask and you will be the one able to give." It is true, that it goes in a circle. You never know when you are going to need to ask for some extra help.
I just want to profess to the world how grateful I am:
*How grateful I am to family. Whenever I call to ask for help they are always so willing. I can not even count the number of times I have had to ask my Mom and Kyle's mom to babysit for me. Way too many to count. Not just for Doctor's appointments but even just to run to the store (McKay still can't be out in public this winter). They are always so willing to help. Kyle's dad came with me to McKay's surgery so I wouldn't have to be alone, I was so glad not to be alone. My sister came to help me pack boxes and clean my kitchen before we moved. Both my Mom and Kyle's mom have been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. They constantly tell me it will be okay, and we are strong enough to get through this.
*How grateful I am to friends. I have asked so many friends with help with the kids in so many situations. So many friends have brought meals. Friends have watched the kids, taken them to parties, taken them to fun activities, and just stolen them for the day. I had a friend who came and scrubbed my bathrooms while we were cleaning the house for renters. Our friends are very near and dear to our hearts and I can't imagine our lives with out their help, support, and love.
*How grateful I am....to those who will remain nameless. People in this world have kind hearts. They do what they can to help... I don't they think they will ever realize how grateful we are either.
*I am thankful to those who keep our little family in their thoughts and prayers, I know there are a lot out there. The love does not go unnoticed.
*I am grateful for the strength of my husband, because truly I could not do this with out him. He is my rock. He keeps me grounded, and keeps me positive no matter what the circumstance. He leads our family by inspiration, this I am sure of.
*I am grateful for McKay. Words can not express my gratitude that we were blessed with this little angel in our life. When I think about everything he has gone through and will go through I am often reminded that he knew what was going to happen. So many times I find myself in tears because he does not get to experience many "normal" things. I get heartbroken ever time he is sick and it is so hard for his little body. I am grateful for the sweet spirit he is. I am grateful for the continual loves he gives to me and our family.
2 comments:
what a sweet post val. I LOVE YOU.
Love this post! You are a very grateful person. It is one of the things I love most about you. Look at all you have learned already from this little angel in your home. He is a teacher sent from God. I love you and I am "well pleased" with the daughter of God that you are.
Post a Comment