Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. I am very glad it finally all came together. We decided to change the day that we moved in with the Ford's up a week. In hindsight I am really glad that we did. But the week leading up to Christmas was a little crazy. I was out shopping on the 23rd of December which I NEVER do. On Christmas Eve we spent the morning hanging out with the Ford's and the Smith's. We made Santa's cookies on the 23rd, this is one of my kids favorite activities. We went to see the Muppets the afternoon of Christmas Eve. David and I missed about half of the movie because of a frantic phone call that the fire department was at our Lehi house. (Smoke alarms... of course they have to wait until we move out to need battery changes!)
We had a super yummy Mexican fiesta meal for dinner that night! After dinner we went out to drive around and look at the lights. This is one of my favorite things to do. We use to do it all the time when I was little. I can still remember the first Christmas I spent with Kyle's family and they said we were going out to look at the lights. It made me so happy and made me a little less homesick. We didn't stay out too long because we had some tired kids on our hands.
I am SO SUPER mad, but my camera was having major issues that night and the next day. So most of my pictures are blurry... sorry. The kids all loved their PJ's. Carson got an angry birds t shirt to go with some soft pants, Brynn got "warm" one piece pink penguin Jammie's (her favorite), and McKay was a cute reindeer.
We came home and acted out the Nativity story. I had seen a cute idea on Pinterest to make angel wings. So Heather helped me out and we made them the night before for the girls, I think they turned out cute. McKay was the wiggly baby Jesus (Tyler had already gone to bed) Carson and Uncle Jarom were the wise men (complete with beard), and Kyle was a donkey.
After we got the kids in bed we started setting up Christmas. There are a lot of us, so there were a lot of presents. After we were done "eating Santa's cookies" and setting u,p all the adults watched White Christmas. One of my all time favorite Christmas movies. I can't tell you how nice it was this year to have Kyle help play Santa. Normally he is so exhausted from Kneaders he barely makes it to the couch before he falls asleep. I loved having him help and loved being able to spend Christmas Eve with him.
Brynn came running in around 7:30 yelling "Santa came, Santa came!" She of course had snuck upstairs and moved the chair I put in the way to go see the presents. We got everyone up and started with the haul. The kids loved everything they got. Carson got a DS, a Pokemon binder with tons of cards, a new scooter, and a bunch of other stuff. Brynn got her Cozy baby shopping cart she has been talking about for months, her Belle princess and me doll, and a Lalaloopsy. McKay got a bunch of cars, a car ramp, and some hide and squeak eggs.
Note to self, next year just get McKay 6 boxes of Animal crackers. That was all he wanted. It was major sensory overload for him and he had a bit of a rough morning.
Princess Brynn and Princess Belle.
The kids with their new scooters from Mom and Dad.
Carson and Dad with Carson's present for us he made at school.
Carson's reaction to the X Box kinect the Ford's gave us, with the Disneyland game. The Ford's of course spoiled us and the kids. The kids kept opening preset after present. Brynn has so many Princess's and Fairies we could have our own Disney store in her room. Carson loved all the fun stuff that Grandma and Grandpa got him, including his new Hexbug set.
McKay's big gift was a firetruck from Grandpa and Grandma Ford. He loved it! He climbed right over to it and tried to get in. It is for sure his favorite toy. He climbs over to and tries to push around. He can only go backwards right now.
We also opened gifts from Great Grandma and Grandpa Ford. They spoiled the kids as well, honestly they got the perfect gift for each of the kids!

We then got everyone dressed up and headed to church. Jarom had forgotten his church clothes so he volunteered to stay with McKay. I still had to get him dressed up for a cute picture! Church was beautiful, Christmas Sunday is always one of my favorite. After church we came home and were able to Skype with my parents in Africa. The kids loved showing them all of the toys they got.
We also had a super yummy Christmas dinner after church. Kyle's other Grandparents were able to join us as well. After yummy food we opened some more gifts from the Hubbards, they also got gifts for the kids that they absolutely loved!
It was a wonderful day. Full of fun, excitement, family, yummy food, and great memories.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun Christmas! So many memories made! That's what it's all about!