Monday, January 23, 2012

Train show

I love having date night with my little man. We continued our tradition of going to the yearly train show at Thanksgiving Point. Even if you are not really into trains (Which Carson isn't super into trains) it still is a lot of fun. Carson LOVED the giant Lego trains. We looked at all of them numerous times. He also liked being able to drive the trains by himself.
We were lucky enough to go to the train show with his best friend Cohen. (One of his other friends joined us a little later too, so he was so happy to have his best buds there with him). The boys had a lot of fun together and enjoyed running around looking at everything.


The night wouldn't be complete with out a little treat at the end. We headed over to the deli to get some ice cream. Carson picked blue bubble gum ice cream.
I had so much fun with Carson. It was great to spend some one on one time with him and just talk the two of us. He even told me all about school and the girls at school. He said there is one girl who asked to be his girlfriend and is "crushing" (Carson's words) on him. But he told her he already had a girlfriend. His heart still belongs to his girlfriend in Las Vegas.
On the way home he said "Hey Mom, do you think we could go out again?" I asked him where to and he said "somewhere with just us!" Melted my heart. I love Carson so much and I feel as if he is growing up so fast and my time is quickly slipping away.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Thanks for inviting us, we had a blast!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Great idea! I am proud of you!