There is something about the great outdoors that is just magical. I have very fond memories of camping with my family. We actually went quite a bit. I can remember going in our camper attatched to the top of the truck and then we graduated onto a trailer. I loved camping with my family. I do still enjoy camping, but I admit I don't love all the work (Mom, I did not appreciate all the work a camping trip was). So we are not huge campers now, but I do enjoy it about once a year. We were fortunate enough that my sister invited us up to her In-laws cabin in American Fork canyon. We were not able to stay with them up there but went up for the afternoon. I consider it a major victory trip if the kids are filthy and smell of smoke. We accomplished both so I know they had a great time!
We were in charge of fixing breakfast and Kyle volunteered to fix Kneaders french toast. It was a huge hit and I know we were all so happy he volunteered to do it!
We also celebrated Carson's birthday with all of the Randall family while we were up there. Carson got a new Wii game from Grandma and Grandpa Randall, some lego's from the Fowlers and an Angry Birds game from the Kelly's.
Afterwards we all took turns riding the four wheelers for a little bit and then we headed down to Tibble Fork. We took the kids over to the small river that flows into the lake and let them splash around and throw lots of rocks. McKay loved throwing the rocks.
We also did some butterfly hunting. Brynnley loved the Yellow ones.
The kids had lots of fun wading in the water, until of course their feet got so cold they were numb. But luckily Daddy was nice enough to rescue them.
Here is the best shot at a family picture, not too great. I think the sun was right in my camera, hopefully someone elses turned out better!
After we played down at the lake we headed back up to the cabin and helped clean up a little bit and get lunch together. We roasted hot dogs had chips and fruit. We also had cake for Carson's birthday. He requested a sprinkle cake with Justin Bieber purple frosting.
It was short trip but we had so much fun. The kids loved hanging out with their cousins, exploring, and riding the four wheelers. I am glad we were able to go up. A big thanks to the Fowler's for inviting us up!

1 comment:
These family times just make our heart sing. I told Dad that every one of you girls have told me how much you have come to appreciate how much work it is to go camping. That's good for a mother to hear! I will say that it was worth every minute of it! I am so glad all of you still love to do it and enjoy making the memories.
Post a Comment