Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter 2013

 Our Easter weekend started on Saturday morning at the park in our neighborhood. The ward that we live in right now is AMAZING! I can't say enough great things about it. They put so many fun neighborhood/ward activities on, I love it! So we had a ward Easter egg hunt and breakfast Saturday morning. The kids each were able to go find 12 eggs. After the hunt we all had a pot luck breakfast and the kids played with friends and at the park. It was a wonderful morning!
 So here is my story to go along with the McKay picture. I remember very specifically being at the exact same Easter egg hunt last year with my kids. I remember Carson and Brynn running out to go chase after the eggs. I watched as all of the kids ran out to get their eggs and there McKay sat in his bike/stroller next to me. I remember thinking "Will he ever be able to walk out to get some Easter Eggs?" At this time last year he could stand along furniture but we had not seen any cruising and no standing by himself. I really was beginning to doubt whether he really would ever be able to walk. Back to now... look at him! He was standing, and walking out to pick up the eggs, squatting down to get an egg and then stand back up. All of these things may not sounds like much, but are HUGE milestones for McKay. It was a wonderful moment to watch him out there, one I will never forget.

 The kids were very excited for the Easter bunny to come and bring them their baskets. He started the tradition a few years ago of hiding the baskets, and of course the Easter bunny has to finish what he started. The kids woke up early Sunday morning (can't you tell from the sleepy faces)and found their baskets. Carson got an outdoor Frisbee, Wreck it Ralph, and a new battery operated Nerf gun, and some candy. Brynn got the new Barbie movie, some sidewalk chalk, and some bubbles and bubble wands and some candy. McKay got a new Bubble Guppies movie, some magnet dinosaurs, a pinwheel and some animal cookies.
 Every single year Easter pictures are a battle! I even started talking to my kids about them on Friday, getting them prepared for the fact that we were going to do Easter pictures. Brynn was all for it, she loves to get dressed up and get her picture taken. She got dressed right away and was ready to go. McKay is easy, he can't complain too much especially if he has a box of cookies. Carson took forever to get dressed and of course he hated his blue pants and new shirt. Only got him outside for the picture by Kyle bribing him with a trip to go play Laser Tag if he took the pictures. I managed to get one of them all sitting together with moderate smiles. That's about all I can ask for. I still think it turned out cute!
 The one picture of Carson by himself. Major meltdown trying to get this, so this is the best you get. I thought it was hilarious when David told Carson he had to do it, someday when he was getting married he would be glad he had the picture... I sure hope he is glad to have the picture someday!

 Brynn would mug for the camera any day. I LOVE her outfit! I think they all look so cute together.
McKay's best shot by himself. Perfect shot of how to remember him at this age.

 After we cried our way through pictures we headed up to my sisters ward where they were blessing my new niece Lucy. It was wonderful blessing and a lot of fun to visit with family afterwards at Dave and Michelle's house. We got home and got everyone changed and McKay down for a nap. The kids were dying to take their new Easter basket toys outside so we went out and played for a awhile. Carson and Kyle did his Frisbee and Carson rode his scooter.  Brynn did chalks, rode her scooter and we tried all of her bubble wands. It was  beautiful day outside and it felt so nice to be outside in the sunshine!
The Smith's came down in the afternoon and the kids played and we got dinner ready. It was also Kelli's birthday, so we were celebrating both holidays. We did the Easter egg hunt before dinner. The Ford's had over 125 eggs this year, no limit to how many you can get, just a free for all. There are also very coveted money eggs as well.
After the Easter egg hunt we had dinner and dessert. It was so nice outside we grilled, yum!
It was a wonderful Easter weekend with lots of fun and family. Some of my favorite things!

No comments: