Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break 2013

So we didn't have any plans to go anywhere for Spring Break. Kyle had a lot of work to do and it just wasn't in the cards. But I still wanted to make it fun for the kids, so we had a stay-cation. I planned something fun for each day so that they had something to look forward too!
The first day's plans were ruined by the cold weather and the rain, but we made up for it. We were suppose to go to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with my family. Instead we took lunch over to my sister's and just visited and let the kids play. I had the great idea for the afternoon of taking the kids on the Frontrunner train up to Salt Lake for dinner. I enlisted Kelli to come with us, since I wasn't brave enough to try it by myself. So we got on the train by Thanksgiving Point and headed up to Salt Lake. The kids LOVED it! They had so much fun! We rode it up to the Gateway and then met Grandpa for dinner and some ice cream and headed back home. The kids were so excited that on the way home they got to ride the top part of the train with Grandpa. It was a lot of fun and the kids keep asking when we are going to ride it again!
The second day I asked Kelli to watch McKay for me while he was napping and I took the kids to the library. We have not been able to go as much as we all would like because we haven't been able to take McKay. I love that my kids ask and beg to go to the library. We left with bags of books and we stopped to get a treat at the gas station on the way home.
The third day the weather finally warmed up and cooperated for us! We headed up to Kaysville and met Heather and the cousins at the Farmington trails. We fed the ducks first, which McKay LOVED! We then rode scooters and bikes  through the trails. It was beautiful! The leaves were just starting to come out and the wildflowers were out in full bloom. Afterwards we went over to Heather's house and the kids played outside and we had some lunch. It was a perfect morning and afternoon!
On Thursday we went out to my Grandma and Grandpa Jordan's house in Lake Point Utah.  We went to their house for a few minutes and visited. Brynn was quick to find all of the Grand kids and Great Grand kids favorite spot in the house. My Grandparents have this little window that goes from the kitchen the the family room. It was ALWAYS our favorite spot. We use to play ice cream parlor there. We headed over to their neighborhood park after that. We took some lunch and ate and the  kids played and played and played some more. McKay was so excited to be out and loved walking around, swinging and eat mulch. (His favorite thing right now) Carson and Brynn loved playing at the park and playing with their cousin. It was a perfect Lake Point outing!
Friday was a lot more low key. The kids slept in and then played with friends for all of the morning and most of the afternoon. In the late afternoon we headed over to a bakery to pick out some cupcakes. A lady I visit teach opened a bakery in Alpine and I have been meaning to go over there and try out her cupcakes. The kids were excited to pick out their very own cupcake. I think this was their favorite day, not much going on and lots of time with friends.
Saturday was General Conference so we listened in the morning while we cleaned out the garage. Then after we got some lunch I took Carson and Brynn swimming. I thought a lot of other people would have the same idea to go swimming during the Conference sessions but it was practically empty! It  was great and the kids loved it! We picked up some doughnuts on our way out and headed home to watch the rest of General Conference.
I think the stay-cation spring break was a big success. The kids had a lot of fun and a lot of down time to play with friends too! It for sure made us excited for summer!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So many fun memories! Love to be a part of some of them again!