I can't believe this little man is 4. I have said that before, but this time it really is hard for me to believe McKay is 4 years old. He has had such a long 4 years full of so many ups and downs. It fills like he has fit a litfetime into 4 years. It was so hard for me to imagine what he would be like when he was 4, or 8 or 12. I often found myslef when he was a little baby wondering what his personalitly would be like when he was older. Or where he would be at developmentally and what he would be able to do. But I think we have learend that McKay will write his own story. I don't know exactly what the future holds for him and it is defeintly more unsure that Carson or Brynnley's. But I do know that I am so happy he in our lives. I am so happy that he can laugh and play and communicate with us in his own way. I am happy that I can understand what he is feeling (most of the time) and that our connection is strong even though it doesn't involve words.
Here are a a few of McKay's favorties at 4:
Favorite food: Goldfish, any kind of cookie, fruit and veggie pouches, any sort of drink with a straw
Favorite TV show: Bubble Guppies, that's it absolutley nothing else
Favorite toy: Still doesn't love toys much but has gotten back into books and loves to play with balls and can say "Ball"
Favorite sign: "more", we are so HAPPY to have this sign back. Although we are all pretty hopeful some more signs come soon so we know what he wants "more" of
A few random facts about McKay at 4 years old:
-Attends Autism preschool through Alpine School district for 5 days a week for about 3 1/2 hours a day. He LOVES it and it has gone way better than we expected! He is now going without the Ipad every day too!
-Still sleeps like a champ, takes at least a 2 hour nap and sleeps at least 12 hours at night. Still sleeps with his binki (Orally sensory seeking) and loves his new weighted blanket to sleep with.
-Loves to open and close doors, he does it at school and at home.
-Loves when Brynnley lays out lots of blankets and pillows for him.
-Loves when Carson plays ball for him.
-Loves when Daddy tickles him and plays their game of "get the binki"
McKay had a pretty laid back birthday. Breakfast in the morning on the red plate, his favorite fruit loops and smoothie.
It wouldn't be a good day for McKay too if it didn't involve a doctor appointment! He had an appointment that was rescheduled to see the Ophthalmologist on his birthday. The doctor felt bad he had to dilate his eyes on his birthday. Sadly the appointment didn't go real well so we will have to do a sedated eye exam here in the next few months.
We also found out the day before his birthday that he actually had a small case of Pneumonia as well. We took him to the Pulmonologist for a regular visit and she said she could still hear junk in his lungs. So she put him on a heavy inhaler dose of steroids.
Since it wasn't the funnest morning I thought it would be fun to pick up Chick Fila for him for lunch. He loves their nuggets and their lemonade. He was really happy with this lunch! I let him guzzle two drinks as well, not the best for him, but it's his birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment