Saturday, March 1, 2014

Rare disease day 2014


 National Rare disease day is always February 28th so it is easy for me to remember since it is on my birthday! I like to celebrate it for McKay and to help bring awareness to the syndrome and those with other rare diseases. They made these adorable photos (above) that you could put your photo in and I love how McKay's turned out.
 I posted on Facebook and Instagram and told everyone to wear their jeans and tag me in their pictures. I loved seeing pictures all day come in! We had them come in from Canada, Florida, and all over Utah! It meant so much to me that everyone would show their support for McKay. It was a fun day and I think it really helped bring awareness.

I made a short video of everyone that wore their jeans and posted it on Facebook and sent it to the Rare Disease facebook group. They actually posted it on their site and the video was seen all over the world! So I think we did our part!


No comments: