Monday, January 31, 2011

McKay at 1


I still can't believe McKay is 1! This year literally has flown by. I have been trying to soak every baby moment in with McKay.
He is the most content baby ever. He rarely cries and is rarely cranky. He only gets cranky at night, he hits about 5:00 and has a rough go until bed time.
He thoroughly enjoys his sleep. He sleeps really well at night, over 12 hours every night!
Even at the doctor he is always content to be there. His pediatrician's nurses love him, they love to see his smiling face and they always give him extra attention.

Here are a a few of his favorite things at a year:

Favorite food: I don't' think he really has one. I haven't found a single thing he won't eat, oh I take that back... he does not like avocados. But he will eat just about anything I give him. He still hasn't moved on to much table food yet. He still has a hard time with the textures and the chunks. He does love anything he can hold in his hands, puffs, crackers, and messy baby cookies. I am anxious for March so we can start giving him more things (including dairy).

Favorite thing to do: Watch basketball with Daddy, I know it sounds weird but he LOVES to just sit with Kyle and watch basketball. He prefers basketball over football. He also loves his brother. Carson always wants to hold him, hold his hand or just be by him. They have so much fun together. Brynnley loves to help me with his bath's and reading him books. He also loves banging toys together. If he can get two things in his hands he is banging them together. He also enjoys rolling. He is rolling around like crazy and has started to roll to explore different things.

Favorite word: He still isn't past anything other than vowel sounds. But he has started saying them back and forth to us. He has also started blowing raspberries, he loves to buzz his lips.

Favorite toy: He loves balls, he has been fascinated with them for a little while. He loves to watch them roll around on his table and try and grab them. He also loves any toy that lights up, he is immediately drawn to it.

McKay's stats:
Weight is 20. 94 lbs 22nd percentile
Height is 28.5 inches 8th percentile
Head is 53.25 cm well over the 99th percentile (Sad to say it still is growing and it is not leveling out. It has slowed down on growth a little since the summer but is still growing a fair amount)

His doctor's appointment went well. I am happy to report nothing new! Yeah! We mostly just went over continual issues and his development and questions. We see the orthopedic surgeon in a couple of weeks and we are all anxious to see what he has to say about the scoliosis as well as his chest size (His oxygen is back up to 99%!). Our pediatrician said he is developmentally behind, he is probably on the same level as a 7 month old baby. But we are seeing progress, no matter how small it is progress and that is all we could ask of for sweet McKay.

3 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What a cutie at 1 year. Time goes by so much faster when you have kids, probably because you have regular check ups and you have to chart their growth at the milestones. McKay looks like he is so happy to be here on earth and in your family.

Gayle J. Randall said...

How we love our little McKay! He really is one in a million. We are enjoying every little milestone. Thank you for this post that keeps us up to date on his progress.

The Blackham3 said...

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this post! Val you and Kyle are the most incrediable parents. McKay is so bless to have you. Thanks for documenting his milestones. I love this boy! Miss you tons!He looks AMAZING! Give him a kiss from me please!