Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sledding

My kids LOVE sledding. Well I should say Brynnley likes it when it's not a big hill, someone pulls her up, and it's not snowing and terribly cold. But Carson will go in any weather, any conditions. I took the kids down to my parents during Christmas break so we could get out of the house for a little bit (still in hibernation mode, it's starting to get old...) My parents have a hill right in front of them that my dad would run us up on the snowmobile and we could sled down. Perfect!

The hill was a little bit icy and less snow so Carson was pretty much going down it like a luge. I tried it with Brynnley a couple of times and after wiping out and bruising myself all over I called it quits on account of old age. Brynnley was content to go in and watch Beauty and the Beast with Grandma, she said it was too cold.

Carson proceeded to go until we made him stop. He had no fear and loved every minute of it! He even flew off of the road once and went flying through the air for about 10 feet. He hopped up and said "Lets go again!"
We went back out a little later and I was able to convince Brynnley to go, but only half way up the hill. Both kids loved it! Thanks for the fabulous sledding Grandma and Grandpa Randall!
We also went sledding a few days later with Grandma and Grandpa Ford. We had great plans to go to a great sledding hill and take hot chocolate. Once again the weather didn't get our plans. It was pretty much a white out. We made it to Kyle's parents house and opted for trying to sled there. Brynnley lasted about 1 minute outside when the snow was hitting her in the face. But Carson, Sadie, Grandpa Ford, and Daddy tuffed it out and made the best of it.We actually found a pretty good hill just across the street from them. It was too powdery for the adults but perfect for the kids. We didn't stay out long because it was really cold and windy. We have plans to go sledding at least a few more times this winter!

3 comments:

T Fowler said...

We still need to go to the cabin!

Lisa Riddle said...

I remember sledding with you when we were little and your dad pulling us on the sled behind the snowmobile. So fun.

Gayle J. Randall said...

So glad you could come to our house! Carson got the best sledding at our house. The new snow made it too hard for everyone else. I agree with Tresa!