
We had McKay's 1st birthday party last week. I had found the idea I wanted to do for his party a few months ago. It was going to be fabulous. I bought most of the stuff after Christmas on clearance. As I started to get ready to make plans and invitations I got a little concerned about having people at our house, even just family. I called my sister to un invite her and just started crying. I know it is silly. I just told her I was just sad that McKay couldn't have a regular one year old party. I know that he does not know the difference at all, and he will never care. But sometimes it just hits me, and it's hard that his life is so different.
So we decided to stay cautious and we just invited McKay's grandparents over for dinner. (We are going to have an
un-birthday party with all of our friends and family in the summer!)
I decided to go ahead with my party plans since I already had the stuff. I LOVE to plan parties, I have since I was little. So McKay's theme was a Winter "One"
derland. We had snowflakes all over the place.

We had dinner together and then opened presents. I asked everyone mostly for clothes. McKay still has a lot of toys from Christmas and the toys geared toward his age he really can't play with. So he is set with a spring wardrobe thanks to the Grandparents! Carson also got him a hammer bed bug toy and
Brynnley got him a new turtle car. We also added to his clothes collection.

Love this picture! McKay loves his grandparents!

So every parent imagines their baby just diving into the one year cake. Carson took two fingers to grab the frosting and then started to cry.
Brynnley was a little more gutsy but still didn't eat very much. McKay on the other hand went two handed into his cake and didn't stop until he was halfway through! He did not
disappoint in the cake area!


I took my first attempt at Vegan cooking. He can't have any dairy until March so I went to friends and family for some help. I was
pleasantly surprised how good the vegan cake and frosting tasted. I think McKay was a fan as well.
5 comments:
His 'one' shirt turned out really cute.
I love the pictures with the cake. How adorable!
Happy Birthday, McKay.
What a fun birthday! He looks like he is having so much fun.
He did one of the most "normal" baby things I've seen him do. He was a champion and digging into that cake. I loved how it was both hands at the same time every time he went for the cake. What a fun party and such a cute theme! The decorations were fabulous and so was the food! We feel privileged to have been invited!
Post the recipe...I'm so curious what you did! It looks yummy! Did you see the Oprah yesterday on vegans? So interesting and a great show! :)
Cute party! You always through a great party!
Post a Comment