We had to start our Easter prep the night before. Brynn loves having her hair curly, especially for church. So I had the idea to try the sponge curlers. I was pretty convinced she would only last 10 minutes with them in. But she was so excited to get them in and was so exhausted from the day that she fell right asleep with them in. It brought back major flashbacks of when my mom put my hair in sponge curlers for ballet. I'm going to have to get some lessons from her before we are ready for ringlets though!
The kids decided to sleep in Easter morning, it was kind of nice. Carson was the first out of the two to wake up so he woke Brynn up to (that's why she looks so incredibly sleepy).
They were so anxious to find the Easter baskets that the Easter bunny had hidden. The loved everything in their baskets too. Carson got some Nitro colored golf balls, sidewalk chalk, the Muppets DVD and some candy. Brynn got the DVD Hop, a Barbie coloring book, and some new "lipsticks" (lipsmakers).
McKay got his new "Signing Time" DVD's, and lots and lots of bubbles.
It was of course a major battle to get a cute picture of the kids in their Easter clothes. But I think we snapped a few good ones. I know I am pretty impartial, but they all are the cutest kids alive!
Even more lucky that we were able to snap a family shot after church. Those are very rare, so I love when we can get 'em.
We had a very nice yummy Easter dinner filled with lots of family and friend. We are all so excited grilling weather is back! After dinner we all gathered our Easter baskets. Yes, all...adults too. We gathered by the door and everyone ran out. It is a total free for all, and is every man for himself. The kids went nuts and found a ton of eggs. Kyle of course was in it for the money eggs so went out with gusto. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved all the fun Easter prizes they found.
It was a wonderful Easter. Full of family, friends, food, good times, and lots of fun!

1 comment:
Oh, what beautiful children! Your Easter pictures are spectacular! It looks like you had such a fun day! Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment