Monday, April 9, 2012

Leperchaun day!

 The kids were pretty excited for St. Patrick's day. They both did lots of fun stuff at school for St. Patrick's day. Carson's favorite part was going to look at the 3rd graders Leprechaun traps. Brynn loved her Leprechaun hat.
The kids were excited to see if the Leprechauns visited our house and if they would leave some gold coins. Carson of course woke up around 10:30 terrified that little leprechauns were going to come into his room while he was sleeping. He also asked me if they were really real and if it was just me that put the coins out and made a mess... I stumbled and didn't know what to say. In an effort to keep the magic alive I said they were real. I felt a little guilty after, but hopefully someday he will forgive me. The kids woke up and the Leprechauns had made a big mess and left lots and lots of coins. The kids loved going around the whole house to see what they had done. I loved the fact that any thing that was out of place (even slightly messy just from us) they thought was from the Leprechaun.

I tried to make green eggs, but the kids didn't want them. I did convince Brynnley to try some green Macaroni and cheese.

I told the kids we were going to do a fun St. Patrick's day activity. We did shaving cream rainbow painting. I saw it on Pintrest and it was SUPER cool. My kids loved it, especially Carson. We will definitely be doing it again.




No comments: