Sunday, May 19, 2013
1st ballet tryouts and Gymnastics Exhibition
So we didn't have enough going on on the day of McKay's big walk, we had to cram in a few more things. Brynn had her very first ballet tryouts. I know some questioned why I was taking her to somewhere that she had to tryout. But it was actually more of a placement tryout than an actual tryout. We have found a new ballet studio for her to try out with one of her friends. I am pretty particular about what kind of balled education she has, so I made sure it was a good one. It is not the same place I took ballet at for many many years. If Brynn decides she is serious about ballet and wants it to be a big part of her life then we will switch her to the studio where I went. She was so excited for the tryouts and was not nervous at all. She was so excited to get all dressed up and have her hair in a perfect bun (Happy to day I figured out how to do the sock bun!). She had to leave the tryouts a little early to get over to her gymnastics exhibition.
Brynn has done an awesome job in gymnastics this year! She loves it and has moved up a couple of levels at well. She is much more confident on all of the equipment and loves showing all that she can do. She had a short routine on each apparatus. I think she was most excited about floor. We have been working on her floor routine at home as well. I found it pretty funny when she looked right at me when she was getting ready to start her backward roll in her routine. She can do it on very soft surfaces but has a harder time on the floor. But I told her I knew she could do it, but maybe I made her to nervous about it.
She did such a great job at everything and it was really fun to watch and see how much she has grown in the last year. She was very excited to get flowers from Daddy after she was done. I love my little gymnast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment