Thursday, February 27, 2014

February Random's

 We received this in the mail and to our surprise Carson is on the cover of the Thanksgiving Point summer camp catalog. We had no idea! They ask for a photo release when you sign up for the camp and I never think much about it. It has been a lot of fun and a lot of friends and school kids and teachers have all asked "Is that Carson on the cover?" We were talking about it one day though and Carson said "Mom I hope I don't get too famous, I don't want to have to move to Hollywood!" Nice and humble!
 They did a beautiful blog post on the Now I can website about McKay and our experience last year with the Run to walk run. It was fun to see part of our story on there and McKay's picture.
 Everything is better with age... Carson dressed as an old man for 100's day at school. I still think he looks handsome.
 Why does McKay hate clothes so much! I can not keep clothes on him! Which leads to not keeping diaper content in the diaper, super gross!
 Proof that McKay LOVES the weighted blanket everyone helped get him for his birthday!
 We went up on President's day to visit the Smith's and to go Ice skating! We decided this year to try a bigger rink, it was pretty crowded but still fun. Grandma and Aunt Heather sat with McKay and Tanner and Grandpa went around with Carson and I took Brynn around. Luckily Brynn hasn't expressed much interest in ice skating because she is not the best at it. I was a little more cautious with skating this time because last year I took a hard fall and was feeling it for weeks. Carson told me on his way up to ice skating he wanted to be a speed skater (remember the Olympics are on). I think his dreams of being an Olympic speed skater were a little dashed after hitting the rink, but he still loved it!
 Hospital in the morning for a routine abdominal ultrasound and three house of physical therapy in the afternoon.
 Just registered McKay for the special Olympics! Kyle and I are so excited about it!
 Carson had to make a cake for the Blue and Gold banquet and it had to be Olympic theme. He of course had grand ideas of a ski jump cake carved out of a mountain with a ski jumper and a half pipe. I had to bring him back down to reality and tell him our cake making skills were not quite that high and we went with something a little simpler. I am proud of him for making 80 percent of it all by himself!
 WE talked last night with the kids about what they want to do for the next BIG family vacay and we all decided on the Disney Cruise. May take us quite a while to save up but we are going to do it! Carson asked if he could help pay and chipped in one of his own tooth fairy dollars. Every dollar counts right?
 Sweet, sweet Brynnley, if only our current president could think like this!
Found this old gem at my parents house while we were down there visiting, wow what a haircut! A major stroll down memory lane!

No comments: