Don't you wish you looked this cute in a hospital gown? Don't you wish you could hold your I pad with your feet so you can use your hands to clap? We managed to get three all star doctor's in the surgery room at once!
Our genticist Dr. Viskochil came in to do McKay's skin biopsy to send off to Seattle. Dr Dobyn's in Seattle wants to check McKay's skin for the gene muation at well. We have been trying to get this done for a couple of years now.
McKay's new ENT went in to check his subgloticstenosis and do a bronch and an endoscoopy (three airway scopes). He said everything looked pretty good. He said he did not need any surgery right now but could require some in the future to help with his airway and sleep apnea.
We were also able to get his dentist in to do a full work up. Cleanings, x-rays, filling 6 cavities and 2 crowns.
I was pretty suprised when they told us we were slotted to stay over night. I was not prepared for that! McKay did have a little hard time coming out of it and we had the nurses scrambling a little. But after a few hours he was back to normal and his oxygne was great. So I talked everyone into letting us go with the promise of monitoring him at home.
It was a good surgery day and I am glad we were able to get it all in. I alos informed all threee doctors that this was good bye as we were leaving to move. Both the denist and the ent gave us great recommendations for who to see in St Louis and told us things to monitor out there.
It was a little harder to say good bye to our geneticist. He has been there since the beginning and has been a big part of McKay's life. He seemed pretty surprised we were moving but told us we would be in excellent hands. As he was leaving he said to me, " You have come a long ways since I first met you and McKay. I know he has a long road ahead of him, but I know that you know not to let his diagnosis define him." I was touched by what he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment