Friday, January 25, 2008

So how soon is the next vacation.....

*Disclaimer-So as I mentioned before we have not been on vacation in a really long time! So there are probably so many details in here and things you don't really care about. But I'm sure there are a few of you who do, for those people I put all the details in! So Kyle and I had our first vacation with just the two of us this last week. It has been a really long time and I think we both realized that we need to do it more often!! We left on Monday and had to drive down in the crazy blizzard. When we left our house we had a foot of snow at our house. The roads were bad, but not horrible. Luckily we were not going north bound, when we got to Payson there was a huge 15 car pile up heading north bound. But after we hit about Nephi the roads were all clear and it was a nice drive. Except for the couple of breakdowns I almost had about missing Carson the drive was great!!
This is our hotel, we stayed at the MGM Grand and loved it. We decided to upgrade to a suite and I think it was a good choice. Kyle and I couldn't get over how nice and comfortable and big the bed was. You have to remember we are use to sleeping on a queen with Harrison our large dog. So being able to stretch all the way out at night, was a huge deal for me.
We had dinner at the buffet, because I don't think you can really go to Vegas without going to a buffet. Sadly though, neither Kyle or I were that impressed. After dinner we walked around our hotel a little bit. They had a lion exhibit inside and it was really cool to see the lions that close up. Outside our hotel was also right by the M & M factory, 4 floors of everything you could think of M & M's! It was fun and a lot of choclate! That night we had tickets to a show called La Reve. It was suppose to be a show like Circus de ole (I probably spelled that wrong) but with water. I will say it was one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen!! The theatre was in the round and you surrounded basically this huge pool. We were even on the third row so we had amazing seats!! The show was mostly swimming, gymnasts, and dancing but absolutely incredible. They had the most amazing stage that went up and down and all over. I don't know how they got the whole thing down far enough, because they were diving and dropping from the ceiling as well. I know I am not doing the show justice at all by describing it, but if any of you are going to Vegas YOU HAVE to go see it!! The only bad part of the night was it was so warm in the theatre it made me sick and I had to go throw up in the middle of the show. Luckily the Swedish business men sitting next to us were very nice about me interrupting the show! (The above picture is the only one we have at the show, you couldn't take any during the performance.)
On Tuesday Kyle had scheduled a pedicure for me, because I had been complaining about my aching feet. I could sit there for hours and just have my feet rubbed. It felt so good and was so relaxing!! After that we headed out to a day of shopping at the outlets. I have forgotten how nice it is to shop leisurely with out a screaming 2 year old and with you husband. (At least when your husband loves to shop) But the shopping did not disappoint. There were a bunch of outlets there that we do not have in Utah so it was a lot of fun. I just wish I wasn't 9 months pregnant and trying to waddle around. I was exhausted by the end and Kyle was still ready to go. But we had a really good time and got some really good deals. If you know me, you know how much I love a good deal!
That night we met up with some of our friends who use to live in Utah. We went over the the Aquarium/Shark Reef exhibit at the Mandalay Bay. It was a lot of fun, but the whole time I couldn't help but think how much Carson would have loved it. The above pic is Kyle getting a little action with the eel. After the Aquarium we went to dinner at the house of blues with our friends. Afterwards they were nice enough to take us over to the Bellagio and show us around. We went through the gardens, had some amazing dessert, and then went and watched the fountain show. We had so much fun and had a blast with our friends the Carlisles! Kyle and I both said we wished they lived closer.

It was such and amazing time and I can't believe it was only 3 days. It felt like so much longer to me. I had such a good time with Kyle, you forget how wonderful it is to just be alone and enjoy one anthers company when you have kids. Kyle was so good to me the whole trip and pampered me. I love him so much and appreciate him so much planning the whole trip! We had such and amazing time!!
A huge thanks to the Fords for watch Carson too. I felt bad he got a cold just as we were getting ready to leave. Kelli looked exhausted when we got home to, but I know Carson had such a fun time with them!!

2 comments:

brex said...

We also had a ton of fun, thanks for coming down and spending your time with us. I think that I still owe you guys 5 bucks from playing the tables.

Halvos said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I'm glad you were able to get away before #2 comes! And you look amazing Valerie! The same with a little belly! You are so cute pregnant! I love it! :) I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed your vacation wasn't to CA though! I can't wait to see when that little angel arrives! I'll be checking in frequently! -Lori