Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Our morning started with Carson climbing into bed with us at 6:30. But it's always fun to snuggle with my two favorite men. Kyle and I even sang Carson the Thanksgiving song. I hope you know which one I am talking about "The horn, the horn, the horn sounds so forlorn...."-You've Got Mail
We actually had a nice big breakfast then Kyle and my brother went to play Turkey bowl. I spent the morning getting my appetizers ready and watching the parade with the kids. I was so excited to show them the parade and they LOVED IT! They go so excited about all the balloons. I even found myself getting a little choked up sitting there with both of them in my lap. I have so much to be thankful for. Brynnley's favorite was the Sesame Street float and Carson's favorite was the Buzz Lightyear balloon and the smurf balloon.
I headed over to Kyle's parents while he stayed home with Brynnley while she took her nap. (A couple of hours of uninterrupted Thanksgiving football always does him good!) Carson had lots of fun playing the Wii with Grandpa and I helped where I could with the preparations for dinner!I actually made a few Thanksgiving crafts for the kids. I thought they might get a little bored. We actually only ended up doing one, but the kids had fun putting together their turkeys.The food was of course delish as usual. Kyle's mom does such a good job whenever she hosts! I kept wishing my stomach would hold more food! We had a big crowd of 18 people, family and friends.
Brynnley actually tried a little of everything. She loved the green bean casserole, potatoes and the butter on the roll ( yes you read that right, she just likes it to be buttered a few times.) Carson however had a Thanksgiving meal of chicken nuggets, just they way he likes it I guess!
As I was getting my kids in bed last night I was thinking how truly grateful I am for everything I have in my life...
*My amazing energetic and wild kids. They have more energy than I will ever know what to do with but that's why I love them so much. They truly make me laugh and smile more than anything else.
*My hard worker and sweet husband. He is amazing, I don't think you will ever know how truly amazing he is.
*My fabulous in-laws are always so supportive, helpful and amazing Grandparents.
*My parents. I actually got to talk to my mom on Thanksgiving day in Africa (Isn't technology great!) I found myself missing them a lot.
*This brand new baby, what a blessing he truly will be in our lives

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Cute post. What a fun thanksgiving!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Love all the pictures and the description of the day! Thanks for making a place for Jarom to go. We're so glad you had such a nice family day with everyone! Thanks for the post!