Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gingerbread house

We made our gingerbread house on Monday for family home evening. Carson was a little disappointed we weren't making gingerbread men. So I decided to give them a try. I used a recipe from my sister and kind of modified it a little (Thanks again for the molasses Tresa!). The kids had fun making them, neither of them were a huge fan of eating them though. We took some up to Grandpa Ford because they are one of his favorite kinds of cookies.

I bought our kit at Costco and it was fabulous. Even the house was put together before you opened it! The kids loved putting all the frosting and candy on. Carson really wanted it to look like the picture and Brynnley just tried to eat as much frosting and candy as possible.We had a good time, the kids loved it. It won't win any prizes or anything, but the kids think it's perfect!

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

I love the frosting on Brynnley's nose!

Gayle J. Randall said...

It looks like they both got into their work! Genius to buy a kit with the house already put together!