I know it is super cliche' to say "I can't believe I have a first grader!" But I truly can not believe I have a first grader. I have been super nervous about this day the entire summer. I was nervous for Carson to start a new school. I was nervous he wouldn't know anyone in his class. I was nervous he wouldn't want to go to school. I was nervous he wouldn't get the best teacher (last year was a nightmare!)
Carson was super excited to pick out his new school clothes and to be able to use his new "Hurley" back pack. He didn't eat a ton of breakfast (Grandma made him his favorite Pumpkin bread). I think he was a little nervous, and he had had the stomach flu the day before.
Brynn had to have a picture of her to!
Kyle was able to come home for just a really quick few minutes to go with me to take Carson to school. We left McKay and Brynn with Kelli so we could just be with Carson. I was so worried he wouldn't want to go (he had an unexpected hard time at a few of his summer camps this summer). But we got there and he walked right up to where he was suppose to go. His teacher came out and got all the kids and that was it. He turned one last time to wave good bye and I lost it again.
I feel like it is the beginning of the end. I feel like he is growing up too fast and in a blink of an eye he will be in high school.
I was pretty much worried for nothing. He has the 2 friends in the neighborhood that are 1st graders in his class (yes, a big answer to prayer). His teacher is absolutely AMAZING!!! She has already been so good with him and is the perfect teacher for him. He loves the school and loves eating school lunch (most days).
He has not loved getting up in the morning and having to get moving and get going. He asked the 3rd day, "Why does 1st grade have to start in the morning?" in a super whiney voice. Then he asked if 2nd grade started in the morning too. The he asked about high school, I told him it only gets worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment