Monday, August 13, 2012

E-Este's Park Part 1

So those that know me well know I am a big time planner. I don't know why but I feel safer with a plan. I feel sorry for Kyle because I think it is getting worse the older I am getting. Anyways... last year we were on our drive to Disneyland and David was riding with us and he said he wanted to start making plans for our family trip for next year. ( Truly a man after my own heart, he loves plans even more than me!) Anyways we all decided to go to Este's Park Colorado. I said sure without even really know what it was. 
Every time I told someone we were going to Este's park Colorado they would say "Oh, where is that and what is there to do there?" I would answer, I'm not really sure but I think it will be fun! A fun trip would be an understatement, we had a blast! I loved Este's park and would highly suggest it for a family vacay. My kids have already asked to go back.
It is a little bit of a drive (about 8 hours) and we left a little late so that Carson could finish golf camp. So we pulled into Este's park pretty late on the first night. We got into our hotel and hurried to get our things in and get tired kids to bed.
The next morning we woke up ready to go. We started out the morning by heading up to the Este's Park National park and driving around a little. We got out and walked around a few differnt trails.
Afterwards we headed back into town and went to a park called Fun City. The week before we went on vacation we had gone to the carnival and Carson was obsessed with the giant slides. He was so excited when he found out there were some slides Este's park. So we went and did the giant slides, bumper water boats, and the go-karts while we were there. The kids had a blast! We had so much fun in fact the kids begged to go back another day, so we stopped another day later in the week for just a little while.

 For lunch we headed into down town and stopped at a cute little diner. Kyle said his goal on the trip was to eat as much wild game as possible. I think he ate a lot of wild game, things I would never have tried! A buffalo burger, elk burger and yak! If it was up to him I think he would have tried even more.
 When we were checking on hotels for Este's park I said my one request if possible was to find somewhere with a pool since my kids are such fish. When we got to the hotel we were a little disappointed our rooms weren't closer (we had to get 2 rooms to fit us all), and the rooms were a little old. So I was feeling really bad I had been that had wanted to find a hotel with a pool, because the choices of hotels with pools were a little limited. But I think finding the place with the pool was for sure worth it. We went swimming every day but one. We took the older kids swimming while the two little guys took naps. It was a huge lifesaver and the kids literally were pruney fishes by the end of the week!
 That night we picked up some KFC and took it back into the park. We took it to a nice big meadow area where we were hopeful we would see some elk. We of course didn't, but it was beautiful up there and we had good food and lots of fun!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Happy times! Family times! Beautiful things to see! What great memories are made!