Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had an amazing Christmas this year! Our Christmas Eve was pretty low key. Kyle had to work in the morning so we spent the morning cleaning and I did some of our Christmas day baking. After Kyle got home I quickly headed to the hospital to see my brand new little niece Lucy Ada Kelly. She was so adorable and for sure worth driving through the crazy snow storm.
When I got home we watched the movie Elf together, had some dinner and then drove around to look at the Christmas lights. We came home and opened our new Christmas PJ's and books and talked about the Christmas story. The kids were anxious to get to bed and couldn't wait for Santa to come. Carson had asked in his letter to Santa what kind of cookies he wanted and he requested Chocolate chip cookies. We left carrots for the reindeer this year, Carson thought they might like that better than oats.
Santa and his elves had put wrapping paper on the doorways into the basement family room so that the sneaky kids couldn't get in before mom and dad could. The kids actually slept in until 7, I don't know if they knew they could get up early or if they were just really sleepy.
The kids loved all of their presents. I love watching every single reaction to each present. Brynnley always gives an awesome amazing reaction, but Carson had some pretty good faces this year too.
Last year Christmas morning was super overwhelming for McKay so we took a different approach. We had the I pad ready and he got 3 boxes of animal cookies in his stocking. He watched the Bubble Guppies and ate his cookies and was very content. He maybe looked at a couple of his presents, mainly those that had anything to do with Bubble Guppies. He did also really like the hat Kyle got.
Brynnley got her American Girl honey dog, her Tinkerbell fairy house and a giant cardboard house that she loves along with lots of other fun stuff. The picture of her with the dollar is a dollar bill from Carson. Carson announced 3 days before Christmas that he really wanted some slippers for Christmas and whomever gave him slippers, he would give them a dollar. Luckily after 4 stores Brynnley and I found some for him. So Carson opened the slippers and ran right into his room to get a dollar for Brynn.
Carson got a lot of new books (He is really into reading right now and can now read chapter books on his own), a motor scooter, walkie talkies, some games and tickets to the Justin Bieber concert. I think the pictures tell you he was happy with his haul

Harrison got a few new toys and a new bone. He was pretty content to leave us all alone once he opened his bone. I got Kyle some new shoes, a new hat, some Ohio State clothes, a VERY exciting car emergency care kit, and I also made him a desk calendar with pictures of the kids for his desk at work.
Somehow we don't have single picture of me, I was taking them all. But Kyle got me some new boots, some new clothes, and a new backpack and other fun stuff.
We had a fabulous time opening presents. I think the kids got everything they wanted and loved everything they got.


No comments: