Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year's Eve fun

 We didn't have really big plans for New Years Eve and New Years day but I wanted to do a few fun things with the kids since Kyle had some time off and school was quickly approaching. New Years Eve morning I took McKay into the doctor, he has had a really weird crazy irritated spot above his lip and it looked horrible and was bleeding so I finally took him in. He also started with a little cough that morning, so I had him listen to his chest. He said he didn't hear anything in his lungs, but he could hear it in his throat. He said, "I'm sure you will be back later this week." Awesome, I love hearing that. More on that later...
After I got home I got McKay down for a nap and Kyle stayed home with him. We then took the kids bowling. Grandma and Grandpa Ford went with us and Uncle Jarom met us there. It was a lot of fun, we haven't been bowling in a long time. The kids loved it! I had the best game of my life, and of course Kyle wasn't there to see sometimes I can be athletic.

 Uncle Jarom showed off his skills of bowling through his legs, it was pretty cool!


 After bowling we let the kids play a few arcade games and then headed home. We watched some football and just hung out.
I got McKay and Brynn in bed and we had our yearly New Year's Eve fondue. One of my favorite meals of the year. We let Carson stay up last year to do it and he has asked when we are doing "fundue" ever since. He was so excited to stay up with the adults and do "Fundue". Afterwards we played some games. Kyle and I tried to make it to midnight, but alas we are old and didn't make it. My brother woke me up so I could see the ball drop. What a New Years!

No comments: