Thursday, October 2, 2008

San Fransisco



We went to San Fransisco this last week to celebrate our five year anniversary (it was in July). It was really our first real trip by ourselves. I will admit it was REALLY hard to leave the kids, even though I was super excited to have some time away from them. But we had so much fun and were able to relax and enjoy each others company. We stayed in down town San Fransisco and had a beautiful view of the city and the ocean from our room. Kyle and I would just sit and look out the window it was gorgeous! We spent time at all of the tourists spots and more while we were there. My favorite thing we did was the Go Cart, it is this little motorcycles car that has a GPS in it so it tells you exactly where to go. It took us on a tour of the whole city and all of the famous places. It tells you all about them while you are driving. You even drive the car on the road. We had so much fun, we looked silly I'm sure (There were a lot of people pointing and taking pictures, but I think they were just jealous!) The only bad part about it was I had to get it out and kind of push it up one hill, although I think it was also the funniest part. We were laughing so hard. Kyle's favorite part was renting a car and driving over the Golden Gate bridge and going to Muir woods. I think he had the most fun driving it in the city. He loved being aggressive and the stress of driving in the city. (Not for me!) We spent most of the time just enjoying being together, it reminded me how much I love Kyle and how fun it was to be with him, and how much he spoils me! He planned the whole trip and it was absolutely amazing and so much fun!
A HUGE thank you to my mom and to Kyle's parents for watching the kids. They each took a few days with the kids. I know the kids had so much fun being spoiled and doing whatever they wanted! Thanks mom for tackling the potty training, and cleaning, and playing tennis with Carson. Thanks to the Fords for taking him to Chuck E Cheese, the Zoo, and getting him Chicken (Panda chicken). (These were what Carson said were his favorite things!)
Also a BIG thank you to the Fountaines for taking Carson to the Circus! They had an extra ticket and were nice enough to take him. He had a blast, I will post some pics later! You guys are such awesome friends, what would we do with out you!

8 comments:

T Fowler said...

Glad you had so much fun. I love San Fransisco. It's a great city with so much to do. Tell Kyle that I also love, love, love Muir Woods. It's so different than Utah and so incredibly beautiful.

Jarom Randall said...

So um I was telling Rick that you were going to San Fransisco and he jokingly said oh are they going to the full house set place. And I told him it wouldn't surprise me and he thought I was joking, clearly he didn't know of your obsession so it was good to see you did go see it, and it reminded me of probably the scariest moments of my life when you came home from ballet and found out I forgot to record the final episode of full house. I am glad you guys had fun though.

The Smith's - said...

I loved looking at your pictures, it looks like you had so much fun! I loved the picture of Kyle as Bubba, Val and the bear, and of course I loved the picture of the Full House houses! Love you guys!

Michelle Kelly said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Glad you guys were able to get away for your anniversary isn't it really fun? Dave and I loved our anniversary trip.

Lyns said...

That looks so fun! I want a vacation right now! :) Great pics. San Fran is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad you had a good time. LOVE the Full House pic! :)

Angela said...

Good for you for taking a trip together just the two of you! That's so great. I would love to do that with Ryan. I don't even remember what it was like before the kiddos came along!

Kent and Heidi said...

It looks like you had a blast! Your pics are awesome!

Court and Brade said...

OH SO FUN!!! I bet it is was SO needed and so nice to get away just the two of you! Some day we will have to go on a trip with the four of us, I would LOVE that... or maybe just You and ME... that might even be more fun haha! I got your text last night. thanks girl, I have been meaning to call you, but now I am sitting here talking to brade and blogging ha ha! I will call you soon. oh and to answer your question, I am doing GREAT! :) Thanks cute girl.