Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why I love being a mom...

I love being asked "why" about 10 time for every single thing that I say.(I am not joking)
I love Brynnley's smile when I first to go in and get her in the morning, it is a mix between "I am so happy to see you" and "look at what I can do" (now pulling her self up on everything, including standing in the crib)
I love to watch "Lympics" before Carson goes to bed. This consists of Carson jumping off of his bed into the love sack. Sometime just jumping, sometimes doing a twisting one eighty.
I love when Brynnley crawls over to me and pulls up on my legs to be held.
I love how excited Carson gets whenever we talk about Disney world.
I LOVE when Carson sings Hercules in the car. He sings at the top of his lungs and actually knows most of the words.
I love to watch Brynnley splash in the tub, lately all she wants to do is sit in there. As soon as I take her into the bathroom she just starts kicking her legs because she is so excited to get in and splash around.
I love to watch Carson try and pick up Brynnley. Even though I have to get after him pretty much every time because he is too rough, it gives me hope that someday he will want to play with her nicely.
I love when Carson reads his Elmo books and proudly says "I love Smamchies!" He better love sandwiches, we own a bakery!
I love when Brynnley says "Da Da" I try so hard to get her to say "Ma Ma" to but she thinks it is hilarious to say "da da" when I try and get her to say "ma ma". She looked right at Kyle the other day and said "Da Da" right to his face.
I love to take my kids to the park. I love to watch Carson run around and show me his "tricks". I love to push Brynnley in the swing and see her face light up when I try and get her toes.
I love when just as I am shutting the door to Carson room for bed he yells out to me "Love ya..."

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Valerie:
You are one of the two best moms I know! (You know the other one is Tresa!) I am so proud of you because you are documenting so much about your children's lives--so much more than I did. This post was extremely sweet. I wish I had written something like it when I was in your stage of life. I love you! Mom

Angela said...

So precious! I loved this post, thanks for sharing. It's the sweet little moments like those that make it all worth it.