One of my2009 resolutions/goals was food storage. I have been wanting to get this done for a few years but I just get extremely over whelmed every time I try to think about it. I never know how much or what to get. Well I finally just broke down and started somewhere and found it was not as hard as I thought. I did some research online and found some really good lists of amounts of everything you should have. Also my friend showed me her food storage, gave me some tips, and offered to go with me to the cannery (thanks again Janae!) I also had a neighbor who was wanting to work on her food storage so we were able to split some cases from Maceys (Thanks again Lindsey). I still do not have everything. I also still need to go to the cannery to get the bulk stuff. But I have my list of what I need, I just need to pick the day. I feel really good about what we have and feel like we could live off of everything for a while. A big thanks to Kyle for supporting me on this too (He let me spend our Costco rebate all on food storage. We had both thought of much more fun things to spend it on...) I also took him down to show him the food storage and he said "Wow, that is really good babe, i'm impressed" I'm sure he had no idea how much it meant to me, usually for things as non exciting as food storage I don't get much reaction. But I just feel a sense of relief and a big sense of accomplishment! Next is my 72 hour kits!
Monday, March 30, 2009
One new years goal done!
One of my2009 resolutions/goals was food storage. I have been wanting to get this done for a few years but I just get extremely over whelmed every time I try to think about it. I never know how much or what to get. Well I finally just broke down and started somewhere and found it was not as hard as I thought. I did some research online and found some really good lists of amounts of everything you should have. Also my friend showed me her food storage, gave me some tips, and offered to go with me to the cannery (thanks again Janae!) I also had a neighbor who was wanting to work on her food storage so we were able to split some cases from Maceys (Thanks again Lindsey). I still do not have everything. I also still need to go to the cannery to get the bulk stuff. But I have my list of what I need, I just need to pick the day. I feel really good about what we have and feel like we could live off of everything for a while. A big thanks to Kyle for supporting me on this too (He let me spend our Costco rebate all on food storage. We had both thought of much more fun things to spend it on...) I also took him down to show him the food storage and he said "Wow, that is really good babe, i'm impressed" I'm sure he had no idea how much it meant to me, usually for things as non exciting as food storage I don't get much reaction. But I just feel a sense of relief and a big sense of accomplishment! Next is my 72 hour kits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good Job! Food Storage can be very overwhelming. It looks great. PS
- the cannery isn't that scary, just go once to figure it out.
Yeah! In my opinion you can't put a price on peace of mind. I'm so proud of you! I will totally go to the cannery with you if you want.
Way to go!! That's a big job and very intimidating. You will have to help us when we get a place to put all of it.
Where did we ever get such good children! I'm really proud of you! And I'm proud of Kyle for being so supportive of your desire to be obedient to the prophets and their counsel. You've done a great job! Somewhere there will be a very important blessing that will come to you for your obedience! I love you!
You go girl! It really is so nice to have some peace of mind. I'm not quite as far along as you, but I'm definitely making headway! :) It looks awesome! You know we're old and responsible when we spend our rebate checks on food storage! LOL!
By the way - I ALWAYS love your moms comments! She is so sweet!
Wow, I am super impressed. If you have any good tips or hints send them my way please. I have been trying to slowly build mine and although it is getting better it is still fairly pathetic!
Wow! Way to go! Kendall and I have been doing the same, trying to get all of our food storage and 72-hr kits together. And now we are really glad that we've been doing it because if he doesn't find a job within a few months we will have to be living on it! I have two way great food storage blogs that I go to if you need help with 72-hr kits or anything!
SUPER VALERIE, wait and see what is said in conference-you will feel really good. If needed we can bring up the big stuff and we will all(all the girls and Jarom's left over college food) put IT ALL into one big family storehouse. GREAT JOB
LOVE, LOVE DAD
Wow! Good Job! I am totally jealous. I need to get that list that tells you how much they think we need of stuff. It looks great and congrats!
Post a Comment