Saturday, January 23, 2010

Date Night

Carson and I had date night last night. I told Kyle I wanted to spend an evening with each of the kids before the baby came. Carson and I went yesterday to the train show at Thanksgiving Point. We actually have been 3 years in a row. This year was the most crowded by far. But Carson loves going to look at all the trains. He was a little disappointed because the regular Thomas was not there and the set that had all the cars from the "Cars" movie was not there either. But he loved the Lego train. He is starting to get into the Lego's so he had a lot of fun looking at that one. He was most excited when he saw the Indiana Jones section of the Lego train. After we had looked at all the trains a few time he said he was ready to go. He chose McDonald's for dinner. It was the first time I have seen him eat every single thing and not rush to eat his food so he could go play. So we had a lot of fun talking while we ate. We talked about the new baby that is coming. We talked about school and his friends (girls and boys) at school. To top off the night he wanted an ice cream cone for dessert.
It was a great night and I forgot how fun he can be when he is by himself and he is not trying to get Brynnley all worked up. I was a little sad as we were driving home and I was thinking about how old he is, where did my little baby go? I am sure soon enough he will not want to be going on date's with his mom and will not hold my hand while we go around the train show. But I had a blast and I love my little man, it was a great date night.

4 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

I think you are wrong. I think if he ever decides he doesn't want to go on dates with his mom, it WON'T be soon. Every child loves to spend one-on-one time with their mother. Even the older ones do, whether they will admit it or not. Great job, Mom! It sounds like a very wonderful night.

Cami said...

Cute! YOu are a good mom. Its crazy to think we have 4 yr olds and it brings a lttle tear to my eye thinking about how big their getting.
I feel so sad for brinster...JUst give her her mankie back! :( Poor little thing. My kids would die if i had to take snuggy away.

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Awww! This is such a great idea! What fun traditions your family has!

Angela said...

That is so sweet Valerie! What a great idea. I'm sure that made him feel so special!