Sunday, January 3, 2010

Who are those two very young attractive people?

As part of my Christmas gift to Kyle I took our videos from camcorders and put them on DVD. We really don't have that much recorded on a camcorder, but I still really wanted to see what was on there.
The first tape I made was from our honeymoon. We borrowed my parents video camera when we went. We have NEVER seen the tape. I was really intrigued to watch it, as was Kyle.

Here are our discoveries having watched the tape:

-You can age a lot in 6 years!
-You will undoubtedly be skinner and more toned 6 years ago.
-You are kind of nerd when you are talking on the video (Valerie)
-We recorded our Cesar salad being made table side at a fancy restaurant. Why? No one really knows.
-We have proof that we literally stayed at paradise on earth for our honeymoon.
-The chips, salsa and guacamole that we ordered EVERY day still looks just as yummy and makes us crave it even more now.
-I have the best husband in the world, he stole the camera for a little bit and expressed his love for me on camera. Kyle was too embarrassed to watch it now so I did. I admit I got a little choked up. He asked me what it said, and as I hobbled over to him (I have been having A LOT of tailbone and hip pain and its hard for me to walk at nights), I told him it said "You said you would love me even if I was hobbling around!"
-We still both REALLY want to go back to Ixtapa, Mexico.
-We were so young, but so in love with each other!
-We both admitted that if it was another 6 years before we watched the honeymoon video again we would be okay!I had one other video made. It is from Carson's birth up to about a few years ago. We haven't watched it yet, but can't wait to!

6 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

How fun!! Dave and I watch our honeymoon video each year on our anniversary and laugh our heads off at how stupid we were but remember how much fun our honeymoon was.

T Fowler said...

The only thing I remember from our honeymoon video was the squirrel. Yep, the squirrel at Yellowstone.
That's a great present; I'll have to remember that for next year.

Gayle J. Randall said...

It's all about the memories! Aren't you glad you have those memories recorded? They may be silly, but they still remind you of how much in love you were then (and still are). That is a great thing and a great gift idea!

Heather said...

the pictures are great! You totally look the same, kyle very different, this could be blackmail for Adam and Matt, but i will keep it secret! How fun!!

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

i think that is totaly funny that you say that how much you can age in 6 years because my aunt just said to me the other day while she was looking at one of my engagement picts wow you look so young. I totaly thought it was only 6 years ago but i guess that is what kiddos do to us

Angela said...

What a great idea for a gift for Kyle! You both look so YOUNG in those pictures!! So cute!