Monday, January 18, 2010

Disneyland 2010!

So we went to Disney world about a year ago with Kyle's family and had an amazing. March/April started to roll around of last year and we were all wishing we could go back to Disney. Kyle's mom decided that she wanted to take the family there for her 50Th birthday. However we kind of ruined the plan as we got pregnant and were due in March and her birthday is in March as well. So then they decided to take the kids by themselves. As I imagined what I would do with ALL my free time with no kids, I also started to get a little sad that I would not see the kids faces while they were at Disney. So I asked them if I could tag along and they agreed, they also invited Kyle's sister to come along as well. The husbands were not going to be able to come. Heather's husband had to work and Kyle had to run the store.

My kids were so excited to go to Disney. Carson knew what it was this time and every day would talk about something new that he wanted to do when we went. We were all glad it was finally here! We stayed in the hotel on site at Disney the Grand California. It was a super nice hotel, and REALLY nice being 5-10 minutes walking distance from the parks. We spent the first day at California Adventure. Our very first ride was Toy Story mania, Carson's favorite ride.

We had so much fun that day and Carson and Brynnley loved every minute of it. We decided to have dinner at Downtown Disney since the park closed at 6. We went to a yummy pizza place. The best part was they had a lady wandering around making balloon animals. Carson got two swords and Brynnley got a bracelet and a princess crown. Best part for me was it kept them occupied for 20 minutes. We were eating our food and David stepped out to get a call. I was busy trying to get kids to eat and make sure Brynnley didn't spill her lemonade. I look up and I see Kyle walking in the door with his Dad. I screamed so loud, the entire restaurant looked! I am pretty sure a few people thought I was in labor too! I wish you could have seen my face when he walked in. I have never been so surprised and happy in my entire life. Earlier we had been at the parade and I found myself getting choked up because I just missed him so badly and it didn't feel the same with out him.


So it was a great surprise to have him come! I had called him the night before to tell him we got there okay. I put the phone on speaker phone so he could hear Carson (we could see the entire park from our balcony), Carson was so excited and was going on and on. I guess Kyle got off the phone and booked a flight and worked everything out so he could come (A HUGE HUGE thank you to those that helped so he could come, and to Kyle's parents to making it so he could come too!)
We spent our second day at Disneyland, I think this one was Carson's favorite park. He went on everything he was tall enough for with a few exceptions. We discovered he was not a fan of the dark roller coasters. But let's be honest some of those still scare me at times! But he loved splash mountain, he had been really excited to go on that one! His favorite ride was Thunder Mountain Railroad. He loved how fast it went!
I was beyond excited to take Brynnley to the Princess's. We got there early and luckily didn't have to wait in line too long. I think I was more excited than she was. I was just so excited I had a little girl to take to see the princess's. I was even more excited when I saw Cinderella (her favorite Princess) was there. She was so cute when she saw them. She was a little hesitant at first but stood by all of them. When we left she literally was skipping out and yelling "Yeah" she was so excited!
A few of my favorite things from the trip:
*Watching both of my kids faces light up when they saw everything.
*Brynnley going on Pinochio and calling it "Nikko" and seeing "Jiminey Micket".
*Carson being overly obsessed with his Grandpa. He had to go EVERYWHERE that grandpa went. He went on every single ride with Grandpa or Grandma.
*I have the loudest children ever, something I was aware of but was magnified in a hotel room with just family.
*Carson was once again obsessed with his maps. As soon as we got to the hotel he had to get his maps. He would map out each night and morning where we were going to go the next day.
*Having Kyle there was amazing! It has to be one of my favorite trips ever!
*Staying in a Disney hotel while being pregnant and having a two year old is worth every penny. Naps for her and I were so easy and very needed!
*I married into one of the best families! I love the Ford family and had so much fun with them!
*Carson telling Kyle that he was "So glad he was there and he got lots of medals!" Not sure why but Carson awarded us all medals while we were at Disney.
*Brynnley's favorite thing at Disney was the Playhouse Disney show (She loves Little Einsteins right now), and Small World, and the spinning lady bugs.
*Carson's favorite thing was Splash Mountain, Mulholland Madness roller coaster, and Thunder Mountain Railroad.We had so much fun and I am so grateful for the Fords making it possible for us to go! Hopefully it is not too long before we are there again!

They have a really cute rotating parade at Disneyland right now. At one point they come out to get the kids to come dance. Carson of course did not want to go out but Brynnley was quick to hop up and join. This is her in the parade with the conga line. It was so cute!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a super wonderful time, way more things then I remember from the old days. Glad Kyle could come, what a surprise, did they just drop him in by helicopter. I do still remember some my first trips to Disneyland, but mostly riding on Dave Crockett's boat, or lots of wild west stuff. All look great, glad the Fords could help out on such a wonderful trip. LOVE GRANDPA RANDALL

Whitney Parry said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I LOVE disneyland! I love how excited the kids get too.. it's the best part! Love ya.. and hope you're feeling well!

Unknown said...

Seeing you at the "happiest place on earth" has made us the "happiest grandparents on earth." It really made is feel like we were there. The pictures were darling and your narrative was perfect! I'm so glad you could make such wonderful memories with your children. Thank you so much for sharing them with us! We'd love to go with you to the "happiest place on earth" someday.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Okay, that last comment was from Grandma Randall, not Grandpa Randall. My iGoogle reader has had some struggles lately. Anyway, I'm glad you had such a good time!

T Fowler said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad Kyle could go with you.

Lyns said...

Oh my goodness! It looks like you guys had so much fun. When we were there we loved all of the same stuff! Princesses, Toy Story, Playhouse Disney, everything! I am so glad you guys had such a good time and how fantastic that Kyle made it! You are looking so cute with your belly! I loved looking at your pictures!

Lisa Riddle said...

So fun! I can't wait to take Jake one day. You are on the downhill for baby now, how exciting. You'll have yours just as I am getting really sick of being pregnant so I will be super jealous. I'm glad you had such a good time.

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

looks like tons of fun! i love that kyle suprised you! what a fun trip before the baby comes!

Cami said...

Oh so fun! Still totally jealous. I love that carson loves the maps. Cohen does the same thing. He would pull it out everytime we stopped to tell us where we were, where to go or where HE wanted to go. We need to go together like this Fall!!!

Angela said...

Wow, it looks like you had such a great time! I loved all of the pictures, and Brynnley was so cute in the conga line! I laughed at how excited you were to see Kyle there! That must've been so much fun for you! I'm glad you had a great time! Oh I also loved the princes pictures!