Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall fun with the Grandparents

I took the kids down to my parents house for Carson's fall break. I was so excited to go down and see the beautiful colors from their place. They did not disappoint. We had a fabulous trip! I didn't even take my camera because I didn't want to be worried about taking pictures (sometimes it turns into more of a hassle than a joy). But my parents couldn't resist snapping some pics of us. They turned out so cute I had to make a post about our fabulous trip!

Our trip included LOTS of 4 wheeler rides. My parents bought a couple of 4 wheelers of their own this year and I think we already got a lot of use out of them. Carson loved to ride the yellow "bumble bee" transformer one. Brynnley was content to ride with whoever would take her.Our trip also included lots of time in the sand box. Plenty of time on the swings. Looking at the birds on the bird feeder the kids made for Grandma and Grandpa. And for McKay, trying out some of Grandpa and Grandma's new toys.
We also took a trip to the museum there, yes that tiny town has a museum. It actually was pretty impressive for how small the town is. But it is geared toward a little older crowd. But both my mom and I were impressed with how well the kids did there.We also found a new ice cream/snow cone place. It didn't disappoint. The ice cream cones were huge and only 99 cents. Carson was beyond happy because they had superman ice cream. Brynnley was loving life with her bubblegum ice cream.
The colors were gorgeous! It was so pretty in the canyon and I couldn't believe all the different colors. My mom and I scoped out the most beautiful spot for our next family pictures!We also ate outside a lot so we could look at the view and watch for deer. We even roasted hot dogs and marshmallows one night. The kids had fun roasting, but neither was a huge fan of the roasted marshmallows. But lucky enough I love roasted marshmallows.

It was so much fun, so relaxing, and so nice to see the kids playing outside for 3 days straight. They loved every minute of being there with Grandpa and Grandma.

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

How fun!! We should plan a family get together during the fall leaves. Your kids look like they are having so much fun!

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a beautiful post! Such great memories! It was really a special time. It was relaxing and fun and brought us all such appreciation for the beautiful world our Savior created for us. How blessed we are!