Friday, October 1, 2010

Hibernation....

Doesn't he look comfy?

Well we aren't quite bears but we have officially begun "Hibernation of McKay". I have mentioned before that we were not going to be able to take McKay out in any confined public places this winter. It has been very very warm so we have been putting off hibernating as long as possible. However this week McKay got a virus with an ear infection and Brynnley and I both have colds.
So good bye all you stores and restaurants full of germy people. Good bye to being able to run errands. Good bye to all the indoor activities.
I admit I am not incredibly excited. As most of you know I am a very on the go sort of mom. But I DO NOT want to go back to the hospital. It's expensive, not fun, very very hard on my family, and usually long! I think Brynnley and Kyle will take the biggest hit from it. Poor Brynnley will be stuck at home with me all the time pretty much. (Carson still has school). And poor Kyle is most likely going to have to run a lot more errands. Which should be interesting as he is heading into his crazy busy season! But somehow it will all work out!
So we begin our long fall/winter/early spring hibernation. Hopefully we come out of it in April, well rested and healthy! Happy hibernating!

3 comments:

T Fowler said...

I am completely, absolutely happy to pick up whatever you need at the store. I will try to remember to call before I head out. And remember my favorite store for Christmas shopping: Amazon!

Gayle J. Randall said...

I'd be glad to help with some shopping and errands, too. Let me know what I can do. Happy hibernating!

Lisa Riddle said...

Good luck! If I come upon any fun at home activities I will surely pass them along your way.