Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Picking "Punkins"!

We have made it a yearly tradition to go out and pick our pumpkins in the field. I love it and the kids love it. (I think Kyle could do with out, but he does love seeing the kids in the field. Plus I have to have him, he is the best gourd finder!) We tried a new pumpkin patch this year. We went here. It was a fabulous field. 5 acres of pumpkins and gourds! They had kinds of pumpkins I have never seen before, and I have seen a lot of pumpkins!

McKay paled around with me in the borjn. He loved it! I haven't tried him in there in a while and he was in heaven. I think he just liked being snuggled up. I would look down at him and he would just grin up at me!

I think the kids put over 40 pumpkins in our various wagons. They just kept grabbing them and dropping them in. Brynnley was very persistent about getting this one pumpkin. I took it out of the wagon twice as well as Grandma because it was rotten. Some how she found it all 4 times though! Kyle and Carson helped me hunt down the best gourds. Carson was on a hunt for the biggest pumpkin he could find. He would find a big one and call me over and yell excitedly "Mommy this one is the biggest, this is it!", then keep looking until he found one that was even bigger.

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So much fun! It's true . . . you have seen a lot of punkins. Thanks to punkins you were able to go to EFY! It's times like this one that I wish we still had a punkin patch.

Lyns said...

SOOOO fun! We actually went to a pumpkin patch this morning. Cute pictures. I'm sure you guys had a blast. I love Mckay in the Bjorn. So cute!