Saturday, October 23, 2010

Roley Poley

We have a roller! McKay can finally roll in all directions. He has had the from stomach to back down for a little while but was really struggling with the back to tummy. You would too if you had a large noggin on your body!
We are so proud of him. I think he is so happy to be able to move a little more. I may be totally off but I feel like he can tell that he should be able to move around more and can't. So it makes me feel better that he is rolling around.
I put him on his mat yesterday and went in the kitchen to get lunch ready for the kids. I turned around and he had almost rolled over to the tile!

On a side note, I was encouraged by my developmental therapist to try keeping a little journal of the things that McKay is doing. The progress he is making. Even if it is super minor, to note it. It's easier to look at all of the good when you look at the small things he is doing. So since my blog is my journal, and all my readers like to glimpse into our lives I am going to be trying to do that.

Progress from the last two weeks:
Eating his cereal much better (not so much pooling in his mouth)
Reaching for people (I LOVE when his face lights up and he reaches out for me
Transferring objects from hand to hand, only at mid line so far

3 comments:

T Fowler said...

I love his face in this picture - big eyes and chubby cheeks!
Every milestone is so exciting. He will be so much happier now that he is mobile (not that he wasn't happy before - he has always seemed like such a content little guy).

Michelle Kelly said...

How fun! He is getting so big now.

Gayle J. Randall said...

How could you not love that cute little face!?! We are so happy that McKay is mobile now. I think your blog title is right "If you can dream it, you can do it."