Friday, November 19, 2010

Kyle's 30 Fabulous facts

Kyle David Ford is 30! Shocking I know, such an old man! I thought it would be fun to post 30 random, informative, and funny facts about Kyle.
Happy Birthday babe!

1. He is hilarious! He is always laughing and always has a funny comment about everything. He is constantly making me laugh and smile. He can diffuse any situation with laughter!
2. Kyle has a car infatuation. Most people know this, but some don't. He blames it on his Grandpa Hubbard. Fact, since we have been married (7 1/2 years) we have had over 10 cars. I don't even know how many exactly...

3. Kyle has lived in a variety of places: Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio, Midland Michigan, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Ecuador, and various places through out Utah.
4. Carson's favorite thing about Kyle is "watching him play X Box, and having Daddy watch How to train a Dragon with him"
5. Kyle's dream job would be to be on sports talk radio. Talking about sports, his favorite thing.
6.Kyle was almost killed on his mission. He survived a very traumatic bus accident where he was drug behind a bus for blocks. It is amazing that he survived and is as healthy as he is now.

7. He is an amazing friend. He would do ANYTHING for his friends. He is very good about keeping in touch with his friends too.
8. Kyle has had a wide range of jobs. Here are the ones I can remember: Hollywood video associate, Ruby Tuesdays waiter and bartender, Petsmart pet specialist, Sobe chocolate representative, Zions bank teller, Wedding Photographer Assistant, Verizon wireless customer service, and Manager of Kneaders.
9. Kyle went to High school in Hong Kong. It still is so hard for me to imagine him there, mainly because I have never been. I think it was one of the best times in his life, I know he learned a lot about himself while he was there. It's hard for us to compare high school experiences because they were so different.
10. Kyle loves just about any sport imaginable. His knowledge of sports astounds me as well. He credits his love for sports from his Dad. He told me that when he was little he can remember watching the Ohio State buckeyes with his Dad. That was the beginning.
11. I have only seen Kyle cry 3 times in our time together. Once when we were getting married, when Carson was born, and the last time was when I told him the good news of McKay coming off the ventilator and he had taken a turn for the better. (Don't worry, I make up for his lack of crying)
12. Kyle loves to shop. I know it is a rare quality for men. It is known, that when we are together shopping he usually out shops me.
13. Brynnley's favorite thing about Daddy is "When she gets to sing the Princess song for him, and when he lets her play games on his phone."
14. Kyle will try just about anything once. He has no fear of the unknown or unexpected. A very admirable quality.
15. He is fabulous with kids! He is an amazing father and my love for him grows when I see him with our children. But he is also fabulous with other people's kids as well.
16. Kyle REALLY wanted to play college basketball. Sadly his dreams didn't work out partly because he lived in Hong Kong and other various reasons. He still loves to play basketball and plays weekly church ball.
17. This year alone Kyle has been to the hospital and Emergency room 4 times! It's been a rough medical year for all of us! (Broken finger, Ankle surgery, tonsils removed and deviated septum fixed, and stitches for a large cut from work.)
18. Kyle loves his family and is incredibly close to them. I can remember when I first met him. I was amazed at how close he was with his family. He talked to his parents all the time and talked to them like they were his best friends. I know he adores his parents and sister.
19. He has a great singing voice. Numerous people tried to convince him to try out for American Idol. I think he prefers singing to me and the kids, and along with his I tunes rather than in front of people.
20.He has told me when he dies he wants to be cremated and his ashes sprinkled over the "Horseshoe", Ohio State football stadium. Might be a little difficult...

21. Heather his sisters favorite quality about him is his memory (It is fabulous, especially compared to mine!) "He remembers every little story or inside joke and it is what makes him so fun and so thoughtful. I am grateful he is my brother!"
22. He has the largest tongue anybody has ever seen. Doctors have even said that. Don't believe me ask him to see it.

23. His celebrity crush is Heidi Klum. She is pretty amazing.
24. He has a love for animals and finds them fascinating. We got our dog less than a week after we had been home from our honeymoon, he just couldn't wait. He has been known to just be sitting on the couch watching animal planet. He loves watching animal shows, especially Planet Earth.
25. His Dad's favorite thing about him is his ability to get along with ANYONE! No matter who it is, no matter where we are he can strike up a conversation with anyone. I can still remember being on our honeymoon and he was just chatting with our taxi driver in Spanish like they were best friends. It is a very admirable quality

26. McKay's favorite thing is when he makes him laugh and smile. Kyle can just look at McKay and call his name and his whole face lights up.
27.
He does not like chocolate. Hard to believe I know, but it is pretty rare to find him eating anything chocolate.
28. His mom's favorite quality about him is his ability to forgive and forget easily. He is not one to hold a grudge. He gets over things very quickly.
29. Kyle is a grown up who loves Disney. He loves to go to Disneyland or Disney world. We secretly want to go on a vacation just the two of us to Disneyland. Don't tell the kids!
30.He is the most amazing person I know. I am the luckiest girl in the world. He is such a good husband and is so patient and understanding. He always has a positive attitude and is willing to bring others up. He is an amazing father and his kids are lucky.

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!
Great post - I have to say I learned a few things, but I also knew a lot of things already. It was fun to see them all together in a list.

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a great idea to write 30 things about Kyle! You two are so lucky to have found each other! I learned some things through your post! I didn't know Kyle had such a nice voice! Maybe he'll sing for me sometime. Happy Birhday, Kyle!