Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving has definitely changed for our family since we opened up Kneaders. We see Kyle usually the Monday night before Thanksgiving and then not again until late Wednesday night. Where he proceeds to crawl into the door, take a quick shower and crash on the closest soft thing. So Thanksgiving has lost a little bit of it's luster, because all the Ford's are pretty exhausted from making hundreds of pies and rolls. But they never complain, and I know Kyle tries so incredibly hard to not show he is tired and is always happy to enjoy Thanksgiving.We were with the Ford's this year. It was nice, low key and small. A perfect Thanksgiving for this year! I brought a few activities for the kids to do. We made marshmallow turkeys. Carson had fun making them, Brynnley was confused, and Sadie only wanted to eat all the pieces.
I found a cute blog with tons of fun ideas for the kids for their table while you eat dinner. I think it was fun and Carson at least enjoyed it!

As usual the dinner was delicious! It was such a yummy meal. We had decided to enjoy the meal and not worry about what the kids ate. Carson was a gem and sat the whole meal and ate a few things. Brynnley was, well Brynnley and wanted to run around slamming doors and have nothing to do with the group. McKay was a dream, and slept through all of dinner.
We all went around the table and said what we were thankful for, it should come as no surprise that I blubbered my way through with tears what I was thankful for this year. (McKay, and my family-all pictured below.)It was a wonderful day filled with relaxing, laughter, family, and fabulous food. You couldn't ask for anything better than that!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a good Mom you are to plan so many fun things for the kids to do. It sounds like you had a very nice day. So did we . . .