We have officially hit it.... we have hit the "I am tired of being stuck in our house ALL the time wall". I have, and Carson and Brynnley definitely have. But we still have about 2 more months of being inside!!! Yikes!!!
I think it will be a lot better when it warms up a little and we can at least go outside and go to the park or jump on the tramp.
Poor Carson wakes up every morning and asks "what are we going to do today?" I know he just keeps waiting for me to say we are going to the Dinosaur museum, the library, or Jump on it.
So I am asking and pleading for your ideas of fun at home activities. We are all bored, and need some fun ideas. Help please!!!!
6 comments:
I have to say, the kids have absolutely loved Kate's art easel. We splurged and got the Melissa and Doug one, but they are super cheap at Ikea (I think around $15. For that price, you could get one for each of them.) It is just so much more fun to color on an easel.
My kids love to help me cook. Maybe you could do some of that with them. Let them build forts with blankets. My kids like to write stories with pictures. Enoch is now old enough to write the story and then color pictures, but make them into a book with a card stock cover. Something that my kids had been into lately is looking at past blog posts. I know that sounds silly, but it is fun to remember and also, maybe, get ideas for fun things you would like to do again.
Something I would like to start soon is having a set time each day to teach my kids something. My idea for this winter is to learn about some ancestors and things they did when they were alive. We have plans to do some pioneer activities. When the weather warms up we can visit their hometowns, graves, etc. We'll see if this actually happens.
Sorry, I know that was quite long. Hope it helps.
One inexpensive way that I think the whole family would enjoy is going to Nickelcade (170 S. State in Orem). You just pay to get into the door (about $2-3), then every game costs nickels, so $5 (100 nickels) can go a long way per person. They should have plenty of different games like skeeball, air hockey, pinball, etc.
Check out The Friend magazine online. http://lds.org/friend?lang=eng I especially love the link this month called One in a Million. I think your children would love it. The Friend magazine can be listened to online. They have children reading the stories out loud. It's very good!
Do you have a Flip camera? Your kids could make a movie of their favorite book or a Bible or Book of Mormon Story. They could make props, costumes, even film some of it. Then you could watch the movie for FHE.
One thing that Ava ALWAYS loves is puffy paint. Have you done that? It's 1 tbsp self-rising flour, 1 tbsp salt, 4 teaspoons water, and food coloring. You just get small containers and make as many colors as you want. Ava loves to mix it and then we print pictures off the computer onto cardstock and she paints it with a q-tip. Then you microwave the paper for 10-20 seconds and it puffs up. I always have that on the backburner if we get bored or if the kids really need some entertaining. I am also always on the lookout for great little projects in the dollar section at Target. They usually have a lot of little stuff that keep the kids entertained.
lately we have been doing these things... : Coop likes all the pictures in the gospel art kit... so we look through all the pics and tell the stories. He also can't get enough of looking at pictures on the computer. We also got some crayon/markers for the bathtub... Also he loves shaving cream on the shower walls... we spend LOTS of time in the bath and shower around here. What about making home videos and then having the kids watch em?? um... what else....?? I'll ask my mom for ideas-- she always was SO creative, i'll let you know what she says. love ya:) you're a great mom!
Post a Comment