Thursday, February 24, 2011

X ray vision

Carson has been really into superhero's lately. We talk about them a lot! He is already debating which superhero he wants to be for Halloween.
I was trying to get the kids to eat a few more vegetables (Aren't we always trying to do this, with not much luck!). I told him we were going to have carrots and dip with our sandwiches for lunch.
He made a face and looked at me like "there is no way I am eating carrots." Brynnley of course started chowing down, she is much braver at eating new things and vegetables than Carson is.
Lately I have also been telling him what food is good for him and what is not good for him. Like eggs for protein to get big muscles for basketball, cheese for good bones. So I told him that carrots were really good for his eyes. (My family will appreciate the fact that the whole time I was channeling my inner Grandma Randall. I can still remember her telling me to eat my carrots so I wouldn't have to wear glasses. Just proves she was a genius, I still don't have to wear glasses.)
So I told Carson that carrots were good for his eyes. I asked "which Superhero has x ray vision?" he quickly responded with Superman. I told him that superman ate lots of carrots to get his x ray vision. He quickly ate a whole carrot. Then I asked him if he would want x ray vision or heat vision. He thought about it and said heat vision and quickly ate another carrot. I was only able to get him to eat about two carrots, but it's a victory for me.

Today while we were driving in the car we were looking for something outside. He said "Oh mom, remember I have x ray vision, I can find it". I peered back at him and he was concentrating so hard while looking outside. I asked if it was working and he said a little!

5 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

You go, Mom! Grandma Randall would be proud. I think she is cheering you on from the other side. What's more, I think she is very pleased and proud!(You never know; maybe she and Superman--Christopher Reeves--are good friends by now.)

T Fowler said...

Very clever!

Unknown said...

One Smart Mother, I have found that Carson does know where he is going in a car-map person MAYBE??
LOVE DAD(THAT'S SCOTT)

Anonymous said...

That's such a good idea! I will have to remember that when I have kids :)

Lisa Riddle said...

What a genius! My Jake will eat only green beans no other veggie no matter how hard I try. Actually not even just veggies he will try nothing new, aahhh I am getting my payback. Keep sending good tricks this way.