Last year my kids were obsessed with the mini Christmas movie "The Elf on the shelf" and they kept talking about their friends that had elves to watch them. So they started asking in October if they thought we would get a Elf this year. I told them I hoped so. (I scored the last one half price last year the day after Christmas, even better it was a cute girl. She is meant to be a stuffed animal you play with, but I think she is adorable.
We were downstairs in the family room when we heard as knock on our door downstairs. The kids ran to the door to see a package addressed just to them from the North Pole. They ran upstairs to find Daddy and open the package. They were SO excited to see it was an elf.
Santa left instructions that we had to give her a name, we of course had a hard time and Carson wanted to make a list. We couldn't pick just one, so we gave her three names. Sparkle Bell Snowflake. The instructions from Santa clearly said she would be watching and would report to the North Pole. The first day, the kids were amazing. They did anything I asked them and were so good. Of course the novelty has worn off, but they are still being good. Just not as "angelic" as the first day she arrived.
The first night she came back she brought Christmas movies and ornaments for the kids.
Here are a few of the things she has been up to, not all of them. I am so grateful to have millions of ideas from Pinterest. I also just copy my friends on Instagram when their elf does something cute. Copying is great flattery right?
It has been a lot of fun to have the kids wake up and run around and look for the elf. They immediately take us to where she is to show us how silly she is being.

1 comment:
Wow! That is so cute, so dedicated, so creative! I hardly have words! What an amazing Mom you are! Your children really do have a fun Christmas all month long! Merry Christmas, everyone!
Post a Comment