We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty nice to just wake up and be lazy and then take a shower when we wanted to and still be able to help around the kitchen and not have to worry about going anywhere and packing everything up. Living with your In laws can definitely have some perks! Kyle went Thanksgiving morning and played his yearly game of Turkey bowl. Every year I am terrified he is going to get injured. (He has broken fingers, and had his ankle stepped on.) Luckily no injuries this year! We spent the morning helping Kelli and David in the kitchen where we could then we all sat on the couch and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. It is one of my favorite things to do, I love it. My kids do like it, but don't share the love I do for it yet. Someday!
When I was little I loved helping my mom set the table. I use to love watching Martha Stewart when I was little and marvel at her creativity. I saw one time she set a beautiful table scape and had beautiful place cards. I immediately begged my mom to let me make some place cards. From then on I made them for any occasion I could. I loved making them and assigning where everyone sat. I knew Carson would love to do something like this. (I see more of me in him as he gets older, but still lots and lots of Kyle!) So I gave him the special assignment of using his best handwriting and putting the stickers on. Grandma already had the super cute turkey's to put them in. He was so excited to do it and decide where everyone was sitting.
We had our dinner at around 1. I requested we do it while McKay was
napping. He really does not like eating time and it usually turns into
lots of throwing of food and then he is done. So I thought it might be
better for everyone to have him sleeping during dinner. We had a
delicious meal, so incredibly yummy! I love all the wonderful
Thanksgiving food. I love hearing what everyone is thankful for on Thanksgiving day (I cry every year with out fail). I love just being with
family.
Brynn was so excited when she found out the turkey had a leg she could eat. She loves when we get chicken and she can eat the leg. She was insistent that she had to have it. She picked it up for a picture and held it up to her mouth and then said she didn't want it. I think it was a little too big!
After we cleaned up dinner the kids played and watched a movie, Devin was nice enough to take Carson to the park with Tyler, McKay napped, and most the men napped. It was nice and relaxing. Such a perfect Thanksgiving! It was full of fun, laughter, good food, playing with cousins, and just good family time.
1 comment:
Everything about this Thanksgiving says "family." What a wonderful day! I just enjoyed reading all about it and looking at the pictures. I also was enjoying along with you the nice peaceful day without having to pack everything up to take somewhere. Can we move in with Fords when we get home? I would love for Kelli to make my Thanksgiving dinner ;)
Post a Comment